Canyon animation

Started by Kranky, October 18, 2007, 06:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

I have a workflow for converting TGS from Terranim to CHAN. I've linked my database solution in the file sharing section but there's not much documentation for this process. I don't mind converting the odd file for testing.  I haven't added support for Campath scripts yet but I'm going to be working on that as Campath also supports arbitrary planes which could be handy for converting TG2 keyframes to CHAN.

Mr_Lamppost

Nice job  ;D

I think the render times account for animations being few and far between; so far I have only done a few and none of them at high or even medium quality.

I think TG is going to need some form of integrated camera movement control.  I don't see how it is going to be possible to use an external application if you are moving your camera over an entirely procedural terrain where there is no heightfield to export, let alone the problem of stopping the camera from flying through instanced population objects. 

Here is a test I did ages ago:

www.ironworld.org/mr_lamppost/TG2/anim/ani_test_01.avi

I was really just wanting to test the moving clouds but while I was at it decided to add a population of trees and move the camera.  May as well try a couple of things at once, make the most of the render time.  Keeping the camera above ground  was just a case of setting the control points and checking the preview at various points through the animation.  Stopping the camera flying through the trees something else all together even with show instances turned on.  This was only a test after all so I gave up and just let it run.

Thoughts?

Don't bother saying the scene is rubbish I know that it was only a test  :D
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

dhavalmistry

WOW.....very nice animation Mr_Lamppost specially the clouds....good job man....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Mr_Lamppost

Thanks dhavalmistry

As I said that was just a test  :D   There are loads of things wrong with it,  not least the flat green "Grass".
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.