First Try with Moon's ***Update***

Started by zionner, October 18, 2007, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

These are great but I agree that if possible you should use spherical mapping rather than camera projection. At the moment the craters end abruptly at the moons edge rather than curving away. As a work around you could try two alternatives. In photoshop or similar make an image twice as wide as its high and paste your moon image in twice, blend the edges together and use that as your spherical map. Remember to place the moons coordinates in to the spherical mapping coordinates. Alternatively and simpler would be just to run a sphere distort on the moon image and use as you have already, this will expand the centre of the moons image and contract the sides, thus giving the impression of a ball.
Good work, keep it up :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

zionner

alright... The problem is I dont have photoshop, Or anything to modify the map image,

anyone have any alternitives?

dhavalmistry

if you are looking for the map of moon....I have 2 of them for spherical projection....8k (55MB) and 4K
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

zionner

thanks dhavalmistry,

however I really like the map im using...what I was looking for is something to convert it to a spherical Projection.

dhavalmistry

I have older version of photoshop..if you want me to try

zionner

sure, how i'l lget it to yeh i dont know,

dhavalmistry

you can email me or upload it to some uploading service

zionner