OCD Nitpicking - Expanding Group from Top

Started by WAS, September 10, 2018, 01:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Since the node changes to the latest release of TG, it's been especially hard to expand groups using the top portion of it. You have to zoom in pretty close before it gives you the expand option. This frustrates me. :P

Not really all that bad an issue just somewhat annoying as I'm often expanding from the top since I don't want to reposition the whole group.

Matt

I made that change because the old behaviour made it difficult to grab and move groups by the title bar when not zoomed in far enough, but yes I think we've substituted one problem for another. I'll see if I can come up with something better.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on September 10, 2018, 02:06:33 PM
I made that change because the old behaviour made it difficult to grab and move groups by the title bar when not zoomed in far enough, but yes I think we've substituted one problem for another. I'll see if I can come up with something better.

Ah, yes that does make sense though. Perhaps just a large header bar? Maybe a fixed sized when zoomed out/in.

Dune

Good that you mention this, as it has frustrated me as well. If we could drag the top again that would be most helpful. The new features of grouping is not something I especially waited for. I'd rather do this manually than have it done automatically. I don't like automatic stuff.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 11, 2018, 01:26:47 AM
Good that you mention this, as it has frustrated me as well. If we could drag the top again that would be most helpful. The new features of grouping is not something I especially waited for. I'd rather do this manually than have it done automatically. I don't like automatic stuff.

I agree, I do most the work manually. Also, I don't often "drag groups" to capture nodes, so I still end up primarily dragging nodes away and into groups to capture them. Occasionally I expand a group over nodes though, which captures them, and it doesn't bother me, saves time.

Dune

WAS

It would also be kinda cool if the groups had a small footer that allowed you to drag the group like it's header. It's almost impossible to align groups from the bottom without aligning the group you are trying to align too, to the group above.