Get Procedural Shore Water Zone

Started by WAS, September 11, 2018, 09:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I am trying to procedural define an area of water close to the shore (with fade). I totally remember this being done with the merge shader in a project i was helped with but I can't for the life of me remember which project, or how to do it.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on September 11, 2018, 09:56:58 PM
I am trying to procedural define an area of water close to the shore (with fade). I totally remember this being done with the merge shader in a project i was helped with but I can't for the life of me remember which project, or how to do it.

maybe Dune's beach project

or this thread may help
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,6111.msg64938.html#msg64938
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 11, 2018, 09:59:29 PM

I think that's it, thanks Bobby.

WAS

So deriving from that, I came up with this, however, It doesn't have the level of control I'm after. Does anyone have any other ideas that would allow the "zone" to be stretched further into the water if need be? This has a limit to just at the shore edge. It'd work better if I raised my water level but currently water is at -0.2 and based on flat ground.

Apply the terrain to the Main Input of the Shore shader.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on September 11, 2018, 10:01:09 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on September 11, 2018, 09:59:29 PM

I think that's it, thanks Bobby.

found it with the ever handy search function, just typed in beach foam and there it was 3rd post down.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 12, 2018, 01:33:05 AM
That was an ancient thread!

turns out it was what Jordan was referring to
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Yeah it was a start to getting it working but I turned to just a disp to scalar and colour adjust. Good old go too. Good full control with it for spread out into the water and fade.