Planets?

Started by MakeurMARK, September 13, 2018, 11:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MakeurMARK

Hi
I've decided to dust Terragen off and start using it.
The plan is to create six planets together.
Not a great start though:
Why does my planet look like the attached when I zoom out?

WAS

Quote from: MakeurMARK on September 13, 2018, 11:47:03 AM
Hi
I've decided to dust Terragen off and start using it.
The plan is to create six planets together.
Not a great start though:
Why does my planet look like the attached when I zoom out?
Maybe you're zoomed to far in/out. Try clicking the magnifying glass to reset the zoom. Zooming isn't really how you'd leave the planet to view it. You'll want to actually use the height control and blast off into space, than back the camera up.

MakeurMARK

Thanks WASasquatch

I'm guessing the magnifying glass on the navigation controls don't provide what I am looking for.
I tried alt middle button on the mouse and managed to zoom out to view the planet, even though it took some time. Using "Move Backwards" on the navigation controls just moves me back over the world, really slowly.

cyphyr

The quickest way to back off from the planet is to open up the camera node and type in something like -20000000 in the Z axis numerical input.
Manually you can hold down alt and move the mouse back and forth with the middle button pressed to move the camera back and forth.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

When using the camera controls think in XYZ. The up down errors on the left control Y axis, and the directional pad controls X and Z. Than you have tilt, bank, and rotate options. The camera also works  by scaling to distance from the planet (center 0,0,0) I believe. It will move much faster when further away from source.

https://youtu.be/GHIkvFshUmI

MakeurMARK

Thanks everyone.
Thanks for the vid WASasquatch. That made everything so much clearer, much appreciated.
Mark