Preview aborting threads paused

Started by WAS, September 15, 2018, 01:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

The preview is aborting threads even when paused. Moving crops, changing shaders, changing GI, all causes a hiccup and pause in large in-depth scenes while "threads abort" for nothing. I even crashed quickly changing GI settings cause of aborting threads while aborting threads.

Dune

I am still very careful with the RTP, not changing much except clouds. I usually only put it on to check stuff, turn it off again, and change things. I too got a crash sometimes when changing a pf color or moving about, or reseeding a pop. Also hit CTRL+S before RTP, just to be sure.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 16, 2018, 01:35:27 AM
I am still very careful with the RTP, not changing much except clouds. I usually only put it on to check stuff, turn it off again, and change things. I too got a crash sometimes when changing a pf color or moving about, or reseeding a pop. Also hit CTRL+S before RTP, just to be sure.

Yeah I've been saving after changes to shaders, names changes, etc. Trying to get a habit of it. For example I'm super tired now and just started a whole nice mountain and had a crash inserting a rock complex shader from my library, course never saved. Juvenile.

Oshyan

Thanks for the report. We'll see if we can reproduce this on our end. If you have any more details on how best to recreate the situation, even if it's simple (e.g. start Terragen, in the Default scene pause the Preview, now change x setting), that would be helpful.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on September 16, 2018, 06:53:19 PM
Thanks for the report. We'll see if we can reproduce this on our end. If you have any more details on how best to recreate the situation, even if it's simple (e.g. start Terragen, in the Default scene pause the Preview, now change x setting), that would be helpful.

- Oshyan

Yep, just pause the preview and edit shaders or things that impact that actual render. it will say "PAUSED" than when you change something say "Aborting threads" and than "PAUSED" will be removed and no longer show up, though "Aborting threads" will. Here's a quick example: https://youtu.be/EPvGaSkEOyk