(Small) Feature Requests

Started by PabloMack, September 18, 2018, 07:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

I loaded a scene that I did many months (actually years) ago and I am getting a lot of load errors. Since I was actively working on it I had moved the directory down one so that some of the files (in particular some instance caches) became unreachable. As I resolve the errors, it sure would be nice if I could highlight an error and hit the delete key to make that error gone. This would help me keep track of what errors are left to resolve.  It would also be nice to highlight an error, press Return and have the relevant window that needs modification pop up so that I can go through the list quickly.

WAS

Quote from: PabloMack on September 18, 2018, 07:07:42 PM
I loaded a scene that I did many months (actually years) ago and I am getting a lot of load errors. Since I was actively working on it I had moved the directory down one so that some of the files (in particular some instance caches) became unreachable. As I resolve the errors, it sure would be nice if I could highlight an error and hit the delete key to make that error gone. This would help me keep track of what errors are left to resolve.  It would also be nice to highlight an error, press Return and have the relevant window that needs modification pop up so that I can go through the list quickly.

Deleting errors/warnings isn't something that should ever be done. They end-user shouldn't be able to modify them. It's best to just save, and than use your "Open recent" menu, and just reopen the file. It will than go through and check everything again. Perhaps there could be a "Re-Analyze" button or "Refresh" button which performs the error handling checks on the XML; subsequently clearing errors/warnings which no longer present themselves.