Broken Head and Wedding Cake

Started by RichTwo, September 19, 2018, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Submitted for your approval... (and if you know who said that on an early '60s TV show, feel free to say...) - another take on Dune's Rock Face terrain file.  Maybe later I will add some object placements.
They're all wasted!

WAS

Quote from: Rich2 on September 19, 2018, 07:56:25 PM
Submitted for your approval... (and if you know who said that on an early '60s TV show, feel free to say...) - another take on Dune's Rock Face terrain file.  Maybe later I will add some object placements.

It's ironic you make such a scene as I'm currently struggling with defining rock outcrop zones in contrast to smooth(ish) worn grass zones.

This is lovely work, love the rocks, the twisted sedimentary rock is a really nice touch cascading down the hillside. I'll have to take a look for this file from Dune, not sure I'm familiar with it.

Dune

Nice terrain, so no criticism from me. If you add enough 'real grass' and stuff in front, it really has potential!

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

mhaze

luvsmuzik

Well done!  :)

Ulco shared a couple of versions of this, fun to play with and grasp the node workings.

mhaze shared Columnar Rocks also worth a look.
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22035.msg221817.html#msg221817

Oshyan

That is some *killer* rock work! I love the shapes and roughness. I would just say add some grass populations in the foreground, and your "fake grass" will work well in the background to fill in. The only thing you'll need to do is match the colors fairly well between the objects and the fake/displacement grass. I do hope you finish this one because it's got great potential!

- Oshyan