Saving Object in Population

Started by WAS, September 19, 2018, 09:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

When an object is a "Member of a Population" you cannot save the object, it throws "There was an error saving the file. Check the Errors and Warnings window for details.". Perhaps just omit the object population mode from the TGO/OBJ file handler?

Also, no warnings or errors are given with this error. Kinda just seems like a quirky bug than really any real reason it should give an error.

This could also be an avenue to expand upon the TGO file handler. It could load "Members of Populations" as a population within TG and save population settings (not the population itself).

Dune

Are you familiar with the way around?

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 20, 2018, 01:53:24 AM
Are you familiar with the way around?

What? You mean to save it? Yes you just change it's mode from member of a population to individual object.

Just noting from a technical stand-point there is no reason to present the user with this error, nor even handle the modes if not going to use them in the TGO file space.

For awhile I noticed this error and just thought you couldn't save objects inside the internal node network of populations before noting the mode. Lately though I've actually been writing down quirks with TG and either resolutions to the quirks or trying to document how they're produced. I have a lot of quirks written down with no resolutions or means so far. xD But those I try to come up with a solution/means to I am posting.

Dune

Okay, good that you know. I agree it's a bit weird, but probably either difficult to change in the software or not high on Matt's priority list.