Horsemantest

Started by Dune, May 02, 2020, 10:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Just testing new clothing made with MD. Horse's manes are not very good, so I have to do those in ZB.

KlausK

Hey Ulco,

so you jumped the MD train too? 

At a quick glance I see the following:
the large fold across is body above the belt is very deep and strong. Looks a little too much for me.
But the rest is ok, I presume?

The rider sits quite far back on the horses back. If he wants to kick his heels to direct the horse he will hit its rear legs.
At least that what it looks like to me from this angle.

Cool stuff, as always, though.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Yes, and I'm glad I did. Just daz clothing sucks, and making the folds and such in ZB is quite a job. Now learning how to use it properly. This is just the third item I did, so what can you expect. You may be right about the folds, I had a hard time getting a double elastic line across for the belt area.
I fitted the guy to the saddle and the saddle I made off a 3D reference bought from DAZ, which wasn't very good. It should be okay, and actually he's sitting quite leaned forward and with his legs a bit to the back, and perhaps he's just bumping up and down and front and back :P

sboerner

Looks good! Glad to see you're trying out MD. I too just got tired of trying to make clothing by hand, it's a real pain and it never looks right. MD is literally shaving weeks off the production time for my current project. And the result will be historically correct.

To control the folds, try some of the different fabric presets or play around with the fabric definition settings. The documentation is complete but there are few direct examples. Like TG you just have to experiment.

Looking forward to seeing some well-dressed Romans.

DocCharly65

Great result in my eyes!

TG is clear
ZB is clear
Somehow I missed it - what is MD?  :-[

j meyer

Nice to see you finally giving MD a try. :)

Dune

Marvelous Designer. Great tool to get realistic clothing, something I lacked.

masonspappy

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 02, 2020, 12:12:38 PMTG is clear
ZB is clear
Somehow I missed it - what is MD?
Thanks for answer - I didn't know that either

Hannes

Looking great already!!

WAS

Shadows don't look right in the fabric folds to me, but the character design and horse in motion is spot on to me. Though the mans knee looks a little swollen.

Dune

There's a small issue with the tunic, as I didn't know then (first piece of clothing after all) that I had to decrease the particle distance, so I ended up with a low poly triangulated mesh, which I now learned to square and increase polycount right off MD. I now further smooth it in ZB before export.

N-drju

I like the new figure overall. One thing I would work on is horse hair - I don't know whether it's white or reflective.

It's sure commendable you keep historical accuracy instead of "going Hollywood" including stirrups and such. :D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

No stirrups for Romans indeed. Yes, the (DAZ) horse hair sucks. I still have to replace that by fibers.