Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I'll put it up soon, no problem.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

This thread started with a river, and this is still the same thing I'm working on. Client wants specific things, so it's a struggle. Still not satisfied myself, but we'll see what they say first about this WIP. Probably needs more erosion. River is 250m wide, on the right is that pack of wolves, left some mammoth. A bit boring, but well...

WAS

Quote from: Dune on November 16, 2018, 12:48:25 AM
This thread started with a river, and this is still the same thing I'm working on. Client wants specific things, so it's a struggle. Still not satisfied myself, but we'll see what they say first about this WIP. Probably needs more erosion. River is 250m wide, on the right is that pack of wolves, left some mammoth. A bit boring, but well...

I like it a lot. Is the sedimentary ground supposed to be thawing permafrost? It sorta looks like it being so smooth, but very like like salts.

It could use a bit of finer erosion with a hint of flows. But I think what would really make those steep banks pop is rougher detail -- following the erosion.

Dune

It's supposed to be Weichselian period, frosty. And yes, the bank needs erosion and roughness, but I wanted to know of these guys if this is the river/bankshape they want first. At first I spent a lot of time tweaking details, and then they want a different view altogether  :P

René

Flat Dutch landscapes are often boring, at least compared to the part of the country where I live (yes, I am biased. :)) What adds interest are the clouds and the shadows they cast. But maybe your clients don't want dramatic clouds. :-\

Dune

I'm trying to convince them to have at least a sunset, though they wanted plain bright sunlight. I had sunset as a concept at first, but they said the sand should be grey, not with an orange hue  :P I can always throw in a nice sky after all issues are settled.

René

Ah well, the customer is always right...

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: René on November 16, 2018, 01:48:23 PM
Ah well, the customer is always right...

but often not 'right on' heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

We'll see what they think of this.

And another version of the other render. Both still WIP.

DocCharly65

Good luck with your "favorite" customers... ;)

I like the renders very much. I really enjoy the expanse of the country in the picture with the peat cutters (are they peat cutters?).

Dune

Yes, they are. Strangely these customers want another hole in the ground that's submerged, but I explained to them that that's not logical; the other digs would have been submerged too without pumps. A continuous struggle....  ::)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 20, 2018, 04:00:50 AM
Yes, they are. Strangely these customers want another hole in the ground that's submerged, but I explained to them that that's not logical; the other digs would have been submerged too without pumps. A continuous struggle....  ::)

Sigh... been there.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Update. Still work to do... making better folds in clothing has priority now. And I think this may be a little gloomier, conforming the muddy business these poor people are in.
Any comments are welcome of course!