New series of river works

Started by Dune, September 22, 2018, 08:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Stunningly real except that kid in the boat is preternaturally clean.

for those with more modern vocabulary:
Preter comes from the Latin word praeter which means "beyond"; so something preternatural is beyond nature. It is less commonly used than unnatural or supernatural but means the same thing
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

They also have very clean boots! ;)

otakar

Stunning render again! Must have been a dirty business, indeed! Definitely grime needs to show on these people's outfits.The guy in the foreground shoveling something into the wheelbarrow is in motion and therefore will stir up the water around him. Right now it's perfectly still and therefore feels unnatural.

Dune

Thanks. Yes, dirt is still to be applied. Wouldn't have forgotten that, but I don't know yet whether to apply on the objects or just in post. Moving the water is a good idea. Actually this calls for a rainy, dark mood, but that's up to the clients.
Btw. if anyone is interested; simple shapes all around and cubes for the peat (displaced by a painted mask). Dikes are just a painted soft blob, some color adjusts, inner area subtracted from outer for embankments, and inner for masking water to keep it inside (and it's 2m higher than the land). Far villages are just 3 pops of house, church and barn, and some oaks, all masked by a hard blobby fractal. Subtle ground displacements, masked by the inverse of a pools fractal. Reflective (RT) shader masked by the same pools fractal.

DocCharly65

Great development and a marvelous background.
I knew you would work on the clothes and moisture and dirt on them some day so no special comment about that :)
What is strange for my eyes are some parts of the peat. The bright areas on the top and the vertical cut glossy parts (clay layers between the peat?) look strange to me. But I would have to see such a scene in real live to tell you what exactly is disturbing me - sorry.

Dune

I was not entirely satisfied with the glossy sides and it was on the to-do list; they are too glossy, but should be a bit wet. There should be three layers; topsoil (dirty brown), then a yellowish grey clay layer and then the dark brown peat. And to make it harder; the yellowish clay has been dug out and should be on the sides where the holes are (SSS's again).

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 22, 2018, 02:22:46 AM
Thanks. Yes, dirt is still to be applied. Wouldn't have forgotten that,

Heh heh I know but well, it was the only part that my eyes perceived imperfection heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Crop of another reconstruction.

DocCharly65

A beautiful render with great details.
I only can't identify the black glossy item in the bottom...

KlausK

Yes, this looks very good.

I`d say the "glossy item at the bottom" is some sort of housing.
Did you notice the brownish item to the left of the trees next to it? Same form different colour.
And there are people walking towards it close by. That`s my guess.
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Yes, they are nomadic tents with hides across. The black/white are reindeerhides, but indeed look a bit odd.

Oshyan

Wow, the detail and complexity of the vegetation there is pretty impressive.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

I find myself once again agreeing with Oshyan...Must be your painter background/education that has given you the great composition ability...really looking forward to seeing the watermarked final of this project heh heh, Keep.The.Faith.  heh heh artistically, not so much spiritually.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

First another detail. Some objects were not good enough yet, so replaced.

DocCharly65

Wonderful!
One day when I retire I at first must get something like a 2x5m print of such a render of you... then I could study all the beautiful details for the rest of my life :)