Question about Image Masks

Started by zionner, October 18, 2007, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey all

I was was creating a scene with a load of imported Objects, all of which were metalic. And I was wondering...Is there a way to make image maps look, like shiny metal (strange way to put it i know) but is there a way to add a low level of reflections to these Objs to make them look shiny?

Thanks
Zionner

Oshyan

The Default Shader includes an optional specular component which you can control in the Specular tab. Just increase "reflectivity". Alternatively you could add a true Reflective Shader for a bit more control. Keep in mind that rendering reflectivity is currently rather slow and demanding, as well as being somewhat crash-prone. The reflection system is being worked on for the final release.

- Oshyan

zionner

Thanks, just one more question.

I have added a reflective shader (because I plan to show something in this reflection which is not visible in the rest of the scene)

but i'm having difficulty Seeing any diffrence.

could this be cause because 1:i'm connecting the relective shader into the input node, when it should be in something diffrent,

or 2: because i have reflectivity on both the reflective shader and on the default shader?

Thanks
zionner

dhavalmistry

you connect reflective shader between your surface shader and your default shader....same works with lambert shader....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

zionner

For This object, The surface Shader, Is the Default Shader.

dhavalmistry

you go in the internal network of your object and I am guessing that you are connecting all the textures through multishader...and assuming that you place the reflective shader between multishader and the shader you want to reflect.....

zionner

Aah, I see what I was doing wrong ;)

Thanks Man

dhavalmistry