Reminded me of Ulco's Work

Started by WAS, September 25, 2018, 11:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I was doing some research today on A. Sediba and some traces of evolutionary traits and I came upon this illustration that immediately reminded me of Ulco's work. Seem this may be a crop too, if so, I wish I could see the full scene: http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/921188/view

If only the artist knew about Terragen to slap his models in a realistic environment. :P

Dune

Cool. These are VERY early 'people'. I have always wondered how hairy our European Neanderthals would have been, and when abouts it 'wore off'. And if the women were as hairy as men.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 26, 2018, 01:37:57 AM
Cool. These are VERY early 'people'. I have always wondered how hairy our European Neanderthals would have been, and when abouts it 'wore off'. And if the women were as hairy as men.

I was just researching that awhile back. From what I could tell it seems to be a toss-up in science between bias prejudice and hard science. For example. People don't like to relate modern Europeans of Neanderthal descent that are harry as an actual contributing factor. Yet this body hair seen on people like me is unique to populations with high Neanderthal DNA upwards 2-3%

I also wonder about Homo sapien and neanderthal interactions. We clearly bread, and lived side by side, but the Neanderthal had a fused larynx. They could not vocalize as clearly as Homo Sapien. In fact some sounds to produce language would not be possible.

Dune

Interesting. In fact, in some people it seems you see features that came from Neanderthal genes. But that may just be something very differently inherited. One has to be very careful assuming stuff.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 27, 2018, 02:45:15 AM
Interesting. In fact, in some people it seems you see features that came from Neanderthal genes. But that may just be something very differently inherited. One has to be very careful assuming stuff.

The frivolous nature of human feelings in the face of acute science is one of sciences biggest feats to overcome.

Dune