Let's Rock Update

Started by luvsmuzik, September 27, 2018, 09:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Right in the middle of all my experimenting....
Unit HP 16G Intel i7 3.6 mhz

Image 1 before update MPD 0.6 AA6 Render time 18 min CPU did not check usage performance
Credits: Rock right cube rock with displacement pipe after default shader, color function surface shader WASasquatch clip fantasy granite light.
            Rock left cube rock with displacement pipe after default shader, color function surface shader WASasquatch clip Dirty marble shader, scalar 10
tree Blender 2.79
grass masonpappy file share
fake stones mhaze
cave guy Manuel Bastioni Blender plugin Getting to know expressions and  Blender Hair Tool on wide open mouth guy
Garb Blender cloth/collision fabric sewing through animation simulation / Blender Hair Tool curves mesh ribbons fur 
( In the middle of all of this I am trying to parent , with data transfer method weights, the garb to the avatar so clothes do not split apart when posing) ???

Image 2 after update path tracing on surfaces enabled   Render time 1 hour MPD 0.6 AA 6     100% usage  but ticked right along with no lags
Disabled avatars
Changed scalar dirty marble clip to 5  I will probably take that down to 3

luvsmuzik

THE CRASH IMAGES

Here is where I rendered on the 4G unit with the recent frontier update. Only 2.6Ghz Win10OS
Although slow, unit runs Blender 2.79 and loads MS 3D paint and other graphic intense apps. Also does TG4 Creative animation renders. When idle CPU usage is at 2% with background apps running and startup apps are less than 10%

Image 1 robust path tracing MPD 0.6 AA4 no change in original voxel setting (not used)
Image 2 robust path tracing MPD 0.6 AA4 changed voxel count to 100 and moderate acceleration.
(was also curious as to why voxel count seemed to increase cloud altitude and depth when it was not changed)
Edit On recheck I did change cloud altitude and depth for voxel increase.

The crash after changing AA to 6 with robust path tracing and voxel count 100.

I will disable the lake and rerender, just in case it is the reflection?

luvsmuzik

16G unit

Reflective shader  after default shader before displacement PF on cube rock. Robust path tracing

intensity 0.25
roughness 0.008
Ray trace reflection  softness 0.08  ? use or no ?  I did use
MPD 0.6 AA6

Oh I see now that Matt used luminous cards for preview update render, no wonder  ;D

luvsmuzik

4Gig unit UPDATE ON CRASH IMAGES
Well ....either some antivirus app was running a system analysis while I was trying to work early today or if I do not touch the new version render to peek at something else I may be  okay with 6AA.
I did also disable the lake and another shoreline reflective surface layer.
6 hour render time however. Which is normal for this unit with populations and clouds, usually done in inactive usage time.

luvsmuzik

MPD 8 AA10 robust path tracing enabled Cube rock and masked faked stone layer both have reflective shader added.

Before examining the tgd example file shared by Oshyan.  I just used a masked fake stone surface layer for the beach, I shall have to try the plane with Lambert shader version.

luvsmuzik

Sunrise

luvsmuzik

Preview tgd MPD5 AA4  Render time 21 minutes

Changed x and y mesh displacement to 2

DocCharly65

Nice version! I like the look of the mud flat.

luvsmuzik

Thanks DocCharly65!

This one is my rock (sphere) displacement. This time MPD 0.6 AA10. path trace robust detail modifer at 1 It certainly picked up every detail. :)

I masked the beach reflection for some variety. Rock still has reflective shader. I will probably eliminate it on the rock altogether as it is not what I am wanting.

This is a case for me personally where it would be nice to apply the burst filter after render. I know it was mentioned once or twice, any hope?

luvsmuzik

Meanwhile out in the middle of nowhere....
path trace robust, detail modifer 1

Old tower tutorial file

WAS

All this path tracing makes me super jelly!  :-[

Love that last image, the spire, looks ominous out there by itself.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Really a mysterious sight!
Remembers me to that old PS3 game: Journey!

Like :)

luvsmuzik

Thanks everyone!  :)
I was eyeballing the world's strangest rock formations the other day and saw one of a rock formed in the middle of a desert terrain, so ........here it is, sorta, haha.
Another was a bridge of squarish stones balanced between two cliffs, should be easy enough....

luvsmuzik

sky high

12000m x 8000m inverted crater tower with some odd strata displacement offsets
31h render 0.6mpd 6AA