The crew on the Enterprise bridge

Started by DocCharly65, September 28, 2018, 10:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

While the render jobs for the animations are running a few first impressions. Since the rendering time is a maximum of 30-40 minutes per image, I have decided to integrate more "newcomers" (characters that you would never expect on the Enterprise) in the movie.

I think especially Hannes and Bobby were big fans of "Rosy" from Renderpeople. I could do a limited rigging - so here you are :) :

[attach=1]   [attach=2]

Lara Croft is well known, but as you can see from the climbing axes, she has a problematic temperament - sometimes...

[attach=3]

Ripley as she just puts her hand on the railing ... A lot of work with positioning in the animation

[attach=4]

Uhura, McCoy and Scotty: A bit complicated - I will see in some days if the characters move and act synchonously...

[attach=5]

In the meantime, I have made preparations so that almost all the displays on the bridge are animated.  Whether I also re-render older film passages from the bridge I do not know yet.

Dune

WAS

This is great! I wonder, is through the Path Tracer? I wonder how it'd look with all those reflections so long as no glass.

Ripley shot is my favorite, than Lara Croft, the Tomb Raider.

The profile of the model of Simon Pegg looks fantastic, by and by. Totally sold at a glimpse.

masonspappy

Personally I have an affinity for the coke dispenser.
Well done!

Hannes

Looks incredibly cool!!!!! And fleshy Rosy is adorable!  ;)

DocCharly65

Thanks all :)

@ Jordan (I hope my brain is still working to remember the real names ;) )

Quote from: WASasquatch on September 29, 2018, 03:52:44 PM
This is great! I wonder, is through the Path Tracer? I wonder how it'd look with all those reflections so long as no glass.

Nope -- I checked all PCs last night and with a little bad conscience I recognized that I am still on 4.1.24...  ::)
Means: No Path Tracer.

DocCharly65

A little update while playing around with Lara's facial expressions...
Believe me... you don't want to be the service technician of the Enterprise operating system! ;)

First time I got a mimic almost exactly as I wanted:

[attach=1]

Everything explained in one picture: The reason and the reaction ;)
(the noisy screens will look a little less strange when animated)

[attach=2]

Of course the console wasn't damaged before...

[attach=3]

Another mimics: not too angry but concentrated.

[attach=4]

j meyer

;D

As for the facial expressions, is that done just with Blender's default rigging tools?

DocCharly65

Quote from: j meyer on October 01, 2018, 12:39:44 PM
;D

As for the facial expressions, is that done just with Blender's default rigging tools?

Yepp! Just Blender default tools.

But don't forget, that the models are at least already rigged in most cases . The bridge crew are mostly from 3Dregenerator I found on TF3DM.
I don't know if "he/she" really modelled them or extracted them from games. Meanwhile all models are offline again on TF3DM. All of them were either fbx or dae and I got almost headache until I could convert them into blender INCLUDING the armature - and often the armature is rubbish (or Picasso-like ;D ) after conversion... so I am happy about every little success.

Dune

Great expressions and I love that updating screen!

j meyer

Quote... so I am happy about every little success.

And successful it was. :)

Oshyan

As someone who has been a "victim" of the forced Windows updates several times myself, I *love* this addition! Brilliant. :D

- Oshyan