Rough Land V2.0

Started by RichTwo, October 01, 2018, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Sometimes you just got to toss out everything and start over brand new - which is what I did here.  Any suggestions are welcome.
They're all wasted!

Dune

It's good. Looks very dry. Maybe some dried up grass patches here and there, but not necessary. One thing I'd do is rotate (edit) the left tree so that it less resembles the main tree.

Oshyan

Wow, very interesting, rich and complex surface work. It looks a bit busy/noisy to me, especially in the foreground-to-midground, but is otherwise quite nice. I wonder if higher settings for terrain quality (micropoly detail) would help smooth it out and better differentiate the various surfaces. I'm a little curious to do some tests on this scene if you wouldn't mind sharing it. You can send to or discuss further (e.g. if you have questions/concerns) support@planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

Very convincing view! I agree with Oshyans hint of the a bit busy/noisy look in the foreground but anyway a great render!

N-drju

Gotta love those cliffs.

You can avoid problems in the foreground by clumping these bushes more. Creating clusters of plants rather than scattering them throughout the area.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"