Ideas small Workflow improvements / Questions

Started by bsm3d, October 03, 2018, 09:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsm3d

Hi All,

Maybe that's exist but not found...

IDEAS :

- Is it possible to add feature to change/Spin numerics values of input box like X,Y,Z coordinates etc with mouse wheel?

- Is it possible when selecting a node in Graphe Network to also selecting object in viewport?

- Is it possible to have a Quad-Views to manipulates objects placements?

- Is it Possible to display a Rules with scale in viewport HUD, like in E-on Vue ?

QUESTIONS :

- Is there an Auto-Save / Backup feature?

- Why I can't move an Object with manipulator in Top View display?

- Do you plan to provide a better material preview like shader box, ball etc ?

- Can we close / remove the small preview in left corner of viewport? To only use a floating one...

- Why When I use Grass Clump and populate him, the grass not correctly stand on the ground?

Thanks for your time,
Ben

N-drju

Not a developer help here, but if you want to know, I think I can help you some:

Ad 1 - Skipping it.
Ad 2 - Unfortunately not. You can go the other way round, double-click an object in preview window and use the "find node in the network view" option. Something along these lines.
Ad 3 - Not sure what Quad-views are, and whether they exist in TG. So I'll skip this question.
Ad 4 - Not really... as they would probably need to be updated each time you move a camera to have any SA-relevance. Measurment tool is the only method.

And continued...

Ad 5 - No (next release of TG4 maybe?).
Ad 6 - You can. But it might be hard to "grasp" it because, for some strange reason, you need to grab it slightly underneath the displayed arrow-box. Better way - first, select an object in the perspective view and then switch to top view. Whenever an arrow lights up, you can move the object along that axis.

If you still cannot move an object make sure you don't edit some population. If "Edit instances" option is on, you are unable to select or move anything that does not belong to that population.
Ad 7 - Skipping it also.
Ad 8 - Good idea. Especially that it is pretty useless...
Ad 9 - Please explain what do you mean by "not standing correctly" as it may have a few root (pun, pun) causes to it. If, for example, you populate a slope, you need to bend it IAW a slope's angle. Alternatively, decrease object spacing, and make your grass pop tighter and denser. Wide populations and objects often fare poorly on slopes due to size.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"