FEATURE REQUESTS

Started by rolland1013, October 03, 2018, 03:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Quote from: rolland1013 on October 06, 2018, 12:23:47 PM
Scale maps:  Controlling the scale of .obj populations with a painted shader or image map.  An even better version of this would allow you to also use the min-max scale function within the population's parameters.  So your populations would still have a random scale, but also would allow you to control areas of smaller and larger scaled objects within the same population.

This is in our 2018 Plan, but might slip to early 2019. The same for rotation control.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

rolland1013

WAS

Been anticipating that scale modulator. Smaller populations on slopes ftw!

digitalguru

another thought (they keep coming :-) )

a dedicated color adjust node (or addition to the existing) with RGB controls

I know you can put something together with the Build HSV node but often times you just want to subtract a bit of red out of a stack of PFs for example...

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: digitalguru on October 15, 2018, 03:55:35 PM
another thought (they keep coming :-) )

a dedicated color adjust node (or addition to the existing) with RGB controls

I know you can put something together with the Build HSV node but often times you just want to subtract a bit of red out of a stack of PFs for example...

You can do this with an "adjust saturation colour" node or multiply it with another colour, although that may cause some loss in brightness I suppose.

digitalguru

I made one myself and it works ok:- just seems strange there isn't a built-in node that can do this kind of color correction
[attachimg=1]

digitalguru

one more (maybe not  :) )

add "clamp black" and "clamp white" to blue nodes like add, subtract, multiply scalars etc. I know a separate node can be added (does adding lots of blue nodes add to calculation time?) but with lots of math blue node will help to clean up the node graph

WAS

Quote from: digitalguru on October 17, 2018, 05:45:27 PM
I made one myself and it works ok:- just seems strange there isn't a built-in node that can do this kind of color correction
[attachimg=1]

Haven't tried RGB adjustments this way, I'm going to give it a shot, see if it works. I ended up using scalar values and just fighting with the weird scale range.

sboerner

Quoteadd "clamp black" and "clamp white" to blue nodes like add, subtract, multiply scalars etc. I know a separate node can be added (does adding lots of blue nodes add to calculation time?) but with lots of math blue node will help to clean up the node graph

+1

Hetzen

Quote from: digitalguru on November 02, 2018, 12:03:50 PM
one more (maybe not  :) )

add "clamp black" and "clamp white" to blue nodes like add, subtract, multiply scalars etc. I know a separate node can be added (does adding lots of blue nodes add to calculation time?) but with lots of math blue node will help to clean up the node graph

What's stopping you using Clamp 0 1 or  Clamp ?

digitalguru

That's what I'm doing at the moment.

But I'm using a lot of masks and folding the clamps into additive, subtract (etc) blue nodes might reduce the clutter in scenes. Adding, multiplying and particularly subtracting overlaying mask nearly always results in out of range values you don't want

if I have a lot of nodes in a group they go off list like this :-)
[attachimg=1]

Hetzen

I see. Wouldn't something like a 'Mask Bar' be a better thing, where you have say 5 inputs, each with an internal math drop down with +,-,*,/ as options for each input, and a single output with your clamp range as an internal min and max value?

digitalguru

Probably not, that would suppose all those masks pipe into a single stream? I have lots of separate mask trees and the cumulative effect is many nodes.

Hetzen

You wouldn't need to use all inputs, it would combine at least 2 nodes into one if you were combining two inputs. When I do pop masks I'm always subtracting/adding one from another. It would be the same as your add/clamp node, just instead of two inputs you have up to five.

digitalguru

Might be ok as an alternative - -still like the idea of clamps on the math modes though