Limit Slope and Direction?

Started by WAS, October 04, 2018, 07:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I tried searching, yes, but I think the terms to describe this are too generic lol

Imagine like moss on a tree trunk, wind gather sand, frost on slopes, etc from a certain direction.

WAS

Thanks Oshyan*! What did you use for keywords? I didn't come across these pages in.  I really should get PHP working so I can update that search plugin. Ironically it seems Microsoft is making raw server packages run like crap or not run for use of Microsoft Server.

Seems the first method is what I'm looking for, but when connected to the Compute Terrain there is no result from the function o.O Following example screens exactly using a computed normal/terrain.

Dune

It works alright but you have to connect as mask. Get normal doesn't need input.

WAS

Hmm. Wouldn't not including a input for the get normal mean it's world space without geometry data / less accurate?

Also it does work... alright, doesn't it? Seems North faces catch a lot of flat surfaces.  Even South faces seem to be shifted on the Z axis. Even North seems to be Z axis derived.

First image is South, second image is North. Camera facing North.