Starfleet Headquarter

Started by DocCharly65, October 06, 2018, 08:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Ingenious techniques for all these artificial lights. Thank you for giving us this information!

DocCharly65

... the beginning of joining the tunnel WIP and the Starfleet Headquarter Nightscenes WIP into one scene...

Cdr. Adama inside the Starfleet Headquarter discussing strategic affairs with the Admiral ... The Admiral will stay a secret for a while ;)

[attach=1]

Beer Pints by aeche on cgtrader
(I exchanged the logo on the glass to a version for one of my inconspicuous little jokes... :)  )
Meeting Room 3 3D by BZ_Design on Turbosquid

and all the city buildings... from before

A special guest-star: An animation made from 250 screenshots from the original Terragen 3D Preview in wireframe mode. I think I will do a closer shot from the monitor so that the wireframe design can be better seen. :)

[attach=2]

luvsmuzik

Verrrry interesting... :)

I suppose it is too late to hide the viewport navigator control? Which would add to the mystery of "How did he do that?" :)

DocCharly65

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 18, 2019, 09:34:01 AM
Verrrry interesting... :)

I suppose it is too late to hide the viewport navigator control? Which would add to the mystery of "How did he do that?" :)

This is as intentional as intentionality may be only intended to show the intention with which this intention was intended... ;D ;D ;D
A little tribute to the TG 3D Preview :)

By the way, for non-TG-users it's just a technical template... but all TG users have something to smile and think: "I know how he did it"

Dune

Nice again. Perhaps the cockroach can have another appearance on the table? Going for the beer  ;)

bobbystahr

YES...bring back the roach heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on January 18, 2019, 10:38:19 AM
Nice again. Perhaps the cockroach can have another appearance on the table? Going for the beer  ;)

Ulco and Bobby, you'll get the cockroach! ... unfortunately not on the table near the beer at this moment. It's because I am not satisfied with the look of the beer foam in closer looks. .... but you know me... :) Perhaps in some months I can increase the quality of the beer foam, then we can discuss this again ;)
For the moment I have planned to let the cockroach walk on the top of the monitor in a monitor's closeup ;)

...ideas and more ideas... maybe with some monitor-closeups I have a solution how to integrate the "Abrams-Enterprise" and the failure of its "Abrams lensflare drive" ;)
As well I can intergrate that Chris Pine won't play "Kirk" on that alternative Enterprise... can someone stop my brain talking to me so fast??? ;D

bobbystahr

The monitor would be just as funny Doc he he he
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

sorry for let you wait so long but I want to finish some things first... But a little update: A view inside the observatory ( has to do with the adventures of the discovery at the same time...

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

With Tshirt: "Alison" by renderpeople - was a freebie rigged by renderpeople, I animated in Blender
With business suit: Business Woman walking 3D model by 3dcap on Turbosquid - I rigged and animated it in Blender
The lady in the background is a 3D Dosch Lo Poly People Sample, I found on Turbosquid and rigged and animated in Blender
C64 by giuseppemilardi on CGTrader
Computer Terminal was airport terminal from archive3D

sboerner

I'm trying to picture what your WIP folder must look like. :D You are a scavenger nonpareil, my friend.

Matt

NTSC screen, by the looks of the pixel aspect ratio! (I grew up in PAL land).

Perhaps a bounce card or additional light source would help to light their faces in the first image?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Matt on January 31, 2019, 04:13:39 PM
NTSC screen, by the looks of the pixel aspect ratio! (I grew up in PAL land).

Perhaps a bounce card or additional light source would help to light their faces in the first image?

NTSC, haven't seen that since my Amiga 2000 days
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice idea, Matt. I thought about it too but unfortunately the view direction of the right side woman in the office suit isn't animatable so I have refrained to light it too much. Additionally the Alison model from renderpeople has only one bone for animating the mouth so animation it is not looking so convincing in bright light. Sorry. I hope for the 3 seconds-animations (75 frames for each of the 3 animations) you'll forgive me :)

Yes, Matt and Bobby, that was a special fun for me, using that 23rt century NTSC/PAL screen ;D .  It was specially suitable to be used in this little scene with the somewhat rundown observatory...

Bobby, I in fact wanted to have an Amiga first but the Commodore C64 was the cheaper model :)

And meanwhile I found a datasette for the same price too (about 7-8 $)

Here a frame of the last animation with the closer view (and my animated "Ellen Ripleys hand" with darker skin:
(Including the 0.501 opacity technics for a brighter shadow of the ladies)

[attach=1]

DocCharly65

...did I say "last" animation?...
I think Matt knew which button he must press ;D

I added another 75 frames animation for this scene with a view on Alisons face reading the monitor - with an additional light, I placed in front of the monitor  ;)

[attach=1]

It was a bit tricky to separate the eyes to add a suitable reflection.
Fortunately I could easily separate them in blender as single objects and export the eyes as single animated object sequence.
Looks creepy to see only animated eyes ;D
Also I worked on some masks in the delivered texture set to have the option for different settings of roughness and reflectivity in cloth, skin and hair.

At the end Alison is a combination of 3 different object sequences in TG... so far it seams to work.