Aquaman

Started by René, October 06, 2018, 12:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

cyphyr

Looks like its going to be completely over the top, camp as a row of tents and (because of this) absolutely brilliant!!
(I might be somewhat biased lol)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

This movies Atantis feel gives me the feeling of a old game called Adventure of King Netpune. The way they drew him reminds me of how they carry the unknown Poseidon/Neptune looking dude in the trailer:

Oshyan

Hah, the "we need water" scene reminds me of 5th Element. In both cases, why not just spit on the thing? ;) But I'm glad he had a snarky answer.

I'm not a fan of some of the aesthetics in the underwater scenes (reminds me too much of Phantom Menace Gungan BS), but I'll admit it looks like a potentially fun movie overall. I'll sooner go see this than Venom, so DC wins against Marvel at least (even though Venom is Sony-Marvel, so hardly counts, hah).

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on October 06, 2018, 07:15:47 PM
Hah, the "we need water" scene reminds me of 5th Element. In both cases, why not just spit on the thing? ;) But I'm glad he had a snarky answer.
This reminds me of a time me and my friend accidentally lit a field on fire knocking a thing of lighter fluid over into a small fire we made. We were frantically like
"What puts out fire!? Water!"
-"We don't have any-- Spit!"
*Several seconds of enraging flames later*
-"We don't have enough spit!"
"Pee!"
And sure enough the fright for our bladders working enough and we pee'd and stamped most of it out... lol

Quote from: Oshyan on October 06, 2018, 07:15:47 PM
I'm not a fan of some of the aesthetics in the underwater scenes (reminds me too much of Phantom Menace Gungan BS), but I'll admit it looks like a potentially fun movie overall. I'll sooner go see this than Venom, so DC wins against Marvel at least (even though Venom is Sony-Marvel, so hardly counts, hah).

I had the same sort of impression, it was also just way too busy. Too many lights, not enough awe-inspiring structures visible. Though to add, the ruins were nice... would like more of that, both in the water and out.

Also this is a really good opportunity for Jason, so cool to see how far he's come.

Seth

Marvel must be laughing watching this

René

It seems to me that this film is more in line with Wonder Woman than with Batman or Superman. As for the underwater scenes, they are doomed not to be realistic in this situation as it is necessary to be able to watch over long distances. In reality, this is not possible because of the strong visibility fall off under water.
I do think that Jason Momoa is a good choice for Aquaman in terms of physique and appearance. He would also have been a great Batman by the way. It' s a mystery to me why they chose Ben Affleck to play the role of a badass vigilante.

SILENCER

The Aquaman guy is full of charisma, and that's great. After GOT and this, he's going to be a huge star.

But good grief, these visually noisy CG fests get real old, real fast.
Flying people.
Robo guys smashing through walls.
Zero consequences from impact.
Then a snarky remark.
Aren't we adorable?
I've had enough of that.

WAS

Quote from: René on October 08, 2018, 04:32:36 AM
It seems to me that this film is more in line with Wonder Woman than with Batman or Superman. As for the underwater scenes, they are doomed not to be realistic in this situation as it is necessary to be able to watch over long distances. In reality, this is not possible because of the strong visibility fall off under water.
I do think that Jason Momoa is a good choice for Aquaman in terms of physique and appearance. He would also have been a great Batman by the way. It' s a mystery to me why they chose Ben Affleck to play the role of a badass vigilante.

I agree with you Rene, I want to see it. Having been watching Jason Momoa since Stargate "Atlantis", this is just great.

Quote from: SILENCER on November 06, 2018, 03:36:01 PM
But good grief, these visually noisy CG fests get real old, real fast.
Flying people.
Robo guys smashing through walls.
Zero consequences from impact.
Then a snarky remark.
Aren't we adorable?
I've had enough of that.

Yeah this is becoming common place in movies these days. Heavy drama, heavy collateral damage, some controversial stuff, etc.

----

Speaking of that, I don't know if anyone has seen Spectral, a Netflix Exclusive, but it is a incredibly unique, and new story for the modern age, and we need more like it, however it too employed some of these tactics that get people to watch, for the wrong reasons (imo).