Scaling up the colors and displacements?

Started by René, October 09, 2018, 03:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Expressions: Yes, some day.

Transform displacement, or Adjust Displacement shader: Yes, maybe soon.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on October 27, 2018, 07:47:54 PM
What does any of this have to do with Markup?

Markup is representing data in a human-readable flowing fashion. For example, the XML file is markup of a TGD project...

His original post representation classing example is similar to some basic markups for languages.

Matt

Digitalguru's example didn't uses classes. It was simply an "expression", using a node ID (the name of a node), a member parameter, a constant (2) and a basic math operation (multiply). The syntax looks similar to what's seen in many 3D programs. That's why Oshyan suggested you look at Houdini, because they do something similar.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on October 27, 2018, 09:46:22 PM
Digitalguru's example didn't uses classes. It was simply an "expression", using a node ID (the name of a node), a member parameter, a constant (2) and a basic math operation (multiply). The syntax looks similar to what's seen in many 3D programs. That's why Oshyan suggested you look at Houdini, because they do something similar.

Errr I've always been under the impression classes were classes because of the classification naming convention -- this just incorporating the data differently -- hence the markup part as it can be anything way you want it as it's just decompiled, broken up into it's bits for the master language (parsed).

Eg. A relating to B relating to C being passed X (or more directly C relating to B and so on to the compiler/parser

a.b.c(x)

Matt

Yeah I guess we're just describing them differently. I guess I thought you were talking about something else because you seemed to think Houdini expressions were very different from Digitalguru's example.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on October 27, 2018, 09:52:11 PM
Yeah I guess we're just describing them differently. I guess I thought you were talking about something else because you seemed to think Houdini expressions were very different from Digitalguru's example.

Indeed, similar to how houdini stretches expressions by it just being a visual representation of the haxe script, which is than a subset of the haxe language.

I'm more familiar with expressions within programing not this idea of expressions for nodes.

His initial example didn't lead me to a "node like" example in my head, but more scripting, at which point that's where I was referred in my head to the SDK, and the XML markup of TG.