Happy Feet

Started by Al_frog, December 31, 2006, 11:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_frog

I saw this movie at our local theater last night.  I went prepared to totally hate it but came away floored by the visuals.  Can't imagine the total rendering time on this thing.  I'm not going to search for it but if anyone happens to know a good site for 'the making of' I would be interested in seeing it.  Happy Rendering in 2007!

glen5700

Here is some info from XSI Base on Happy Feet, I have not seen it myself but the trailers are pure eye candy.

Glen

http://www.xsibase.com/articles.php?detail=125

Al_frog

Glen-  Thanks for that info.  I saw a trailer somwhere and based on that wasn't planning to see the film.  The film has a lot more of interest to the folks using TG2 than the trailer shows.

Njen

I worked on it, doing lighting and compositing (Maya and Renderman). My best shot, I think, was the one where you see Mumble as an adolescent for the first time (a pan shot from his feet to his face), with his parents in the background. It was fun, but it was a big task for a company doing it's first animated feature.

crazymonkey

very cool read right there...no pun intended :P

rcallicotte

njen,

You worked on "Happy Feet"?

Quote from: njen on January 05, 2007, 05:59:31 AM
I worked on it, doing lighting and compositing (Maya and Renderman). My best shot, I think, was the one where you see Mumble as an adolescent for the first time (a pan shot from his feet to his face), with his parents in the background. It was fun, but it was a big task for a company doing it's first animated feature.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

Well congrads man I loved the movie! I think I know the scene your talking about, it was before the graduation correct?

Regards

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Njen

calico: That's right, hehe. It was fun and great people to work with.

Will: Yeah, that was the scene :)

Cheers!