Not Really A Desert

Started by RichTwo, October 13, 2018, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Decided to depart from the desert and try for sort of a mix.  The noisy foreground is due to lots of fake stones.  Suggestions are as always welcome.
They're all wasted!

Dune

Somehow size relations seem off. I get the impression the foreground is 10-20m wide, but then the far trees are extremely small. I think the foreground needs something to show size in a better way.

Lady of the Lake

Really like the rocky field in the foreground.  Agree with Dune about the trees.

RichTwo

Yeah, I saw that, too.  It's because the camera is on a low rise and the terrain dips, then rises so much of the scale is lost.  I'll try another POV.
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

echo the others. What I do is I add a single tree of the same type in the foreground and scale it to seem normal and then apply that scale to the population's transform>scale  and delete the single tree if it's inappropriate there.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: Rich2 on October 13, 2018, 06:55:37 PM
Decided to depart from the desert and try for sort of a mix.  The noisy foreground is due to lots of fake stones.  Suggestions are as always welcome.

I love the distant grass land in contrast to the rock. It looks like it builds up nicely and is smooth. Ditto on the pop. Pretty easy adjustment.

Oshyan

Interesting, I saw it as Rich described it: the terrain dips and then rises again further in the distance. So it worked for me on first viewing. But once I saw other people's comment about the scale issue I could see it.

Regardless a really wonderful image in my view. Combining those amazing rock formations you are coming up with and some great vegetation, sharp and smooth areas naturally flowing into each other. For me it is very evocative.

- Oshyan

RichTwo

So - How's this?  I moved the trees closer to the camera and relocated the POV.  That's all.
They're all wasted!

Dune

luvsmuzik

This is GOOD Rich2! Great transition from grass cover to rock outcrop. Lighting is great as well!

bobbystahr

way mo bettah man well tweaked.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist