Force All Edges and Holes in Terrain

Started by WAS, October 15, 2018, 05:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Would Force Edges help with the itty bitty tiny holes in terrains that don't get remedied by displacement tolerance or compute terrain? I already have a render going so can't quite test. Going to do that in the morning but curious before hand.

RichTwo

Are you referring to the atmo poking through the terrain, especially when complex displacements are applied?  The powers that be here say it's a product of back-face culling, something inherent with the rendering process. I guess there's no sure-fire fix, except maybe to tone down the displacements. But what do I know?  I'm still knuckle-dragging my way through my learning of Terragen.
They're all wasted!

WAS

From the testing I ended up doing it does help wiht pixel level holes, but not tears. Almost all the specs I had disappeared with it, rest were gone with upping patch.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 19, 2018, 01:45:04 PM
From the testing I ended up doing it does help wiht pixel level holes, but not tears. Almost all the specs I had disappeared with it, rest were gone with upping patch.

Well that works a treat on those annoying ping\holes...no need for photoshop now, at least for that. Thanks Jordan...good sussing it out!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist