wich node allow to twist/warp Clouds Layer

Started by Frank_Art, October 17, 2018, 12:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_Art

Hi all, I'm testing some clouds, very simple for now, in the images you can see a top view of a storm, to create that i simply stack 6 Cloud layer v3 with different Density fractal, my question is which node allow me to warp or twist an entire Cloud layer on a specific axe (like following the red arrows) to give the wind motion feeling?
Cheers

René

WAS

It's a pretty handy shader, though I haven't created a nice storm yet, I've tried. Hope you can create something epic. Good luck.

You an access it via the Node Palette (N), or the Right Click Node Network -> Create Shader -> Transform/Warp Shader -> Vortex Warp

Frank_Art

THATS AWESOME :D thanks alot guys

Frank_Art

New question, which node can allow to stretch vertically(no rotation)? I try bunch of nodes option with no success :/
Cheers

Dune

You can stretch the Y in the original cloud fractal, or use a transform shader to stretch Y. Should also be possible to warp a cloud fractal and use a vector displacement shader to stretch Y by mask.

Frank_Art

Thanks Dune, I did not try to use vector displacement shader yet, will test it soon.
Cheers

Frank_Art

Hi all :D new question ...how to make a "hole" in cloud layer v3?  I guess I need to make a mask map but I dont know wich node allow me to import map and where I need to plug it? If you someone can point a tutorial will be awesome
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Frank

WAS

Use a Simple Shape Shader, and position it where you want, with the radius you set to Circular instead of square and simply mask you  Density Fractal shaders (inverted).