Classic Erosion Shader

Started by RichTwo, October 23, 2018, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

I have a question about Daniil Kamperov's Classic Erosion shader /plug-in.   I've tested the free version and was able to get a pretty good result after a few iterations of both thermal and fluvial erosions. By registering, what enhancements will be available?
They're all wasted!

WAS

Quote from: Rich2 on October 23, 2018, 02:12:52 PM
I have a question about Daniil Kamperov's Classic Erosion shader /plug-in.   I've tested the free version and was able to get a pretty good result after a few iterations of both thermal and fluvial erosions. By registering, what enhancements will be available?

When you register a copy of DK Classic Erosion from Danill, you'll have access to the following features (I hope I don't forget any)

• A broader range of heightmap resolutions, up to 16384
  • Export heightmaps in *.ERD format (Drastically reduce workflow time being able to load a pre-eroded heightmap.)
  • Export heightmap maps in *.PNG format; Deposition Map, Flow Map, Wear Map, Streamline Map, Water Depth Map (I believe one or two more maps related to the River Mode)

Maps are super useful for exporting rivers depth maps, as well as post-processing on other map files to use within TG.

I picked this up because it was the only thing TG related that I could afford, and it is a really fun shader. I'm actually working on a scene with it right now.

RichTwo

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 23, 2018, 03:45:03 PM
Quote from: Rich2 on October 23, 2018, 02:12:52 PM

When you register a copy of DK Classic Erosion from Danill, you'll have access to the following features (I hope I don't forget any)

• A broader range of heightmap resolutions, up to 16384
  • Export heightmaps in *.ERD format (Drastically reduce workflow time being able to load a pre-eroded heightmap.)
  • Export heightmap maps in *.PNG format; Deposition Map, Flow Map, Wear Map, Streamline Map, Water Depth Map (I believe one or two more maps related to the River Mode)

Maps are super useful for exporting rivers depth maps, as well as post-processing on other map files to use within TG.

I picked this up because it was the only thing TG related that I could afford, and it is a really fun shader. I'm actually working on a scene with it right now.

You may have well just said that in Swahili...  I got no clue at all what it means.  I'm sure it'd take me to time to figure all that out, should I decide to register.  But it's good to know.  Thanks!
They're all wasted!

Oshyan

The main summarized advantage would be higher resolution of eroded terrain and therefore higher detail of results.

- Oshyan

WAS

It's pretty simple. Just setting file destination for the erosion heightmap and you can save it to file, and load it with the project to save time, as with higher resolution (more detailed) heightmaps, it can take awhile to bake.

Dune

Faida kuu ya muhtasari itakuwa ni azimio la juu la ardhi ya ardhi na kwa hiyo maelezo zaidi ya matokeo.  :P

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 24, 2018, 01:27:18 AM
Faida kuu ya muhtasari itakuwa ni azimio la juu la ardhi ya ardhi na kwa hiyo maelezo zaidi ya matokeo.  :P

Ha ha ha ha ha, good one Ulco!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Haha Ulco!
Seriously WAS....do you designate a directory in the export maps save option and all maps you choose under maps save here or what?
Then you load...what to your project under read now?
I know it is not up to you to help, but share with us idiots please!

Does this eliminate splitting into RGB with color adjust for our masking? Can the map alone be the mask? You know....details, details.... :)

RichTwo

Quote from: Dune on October 24, 2018, 01:27:18 AM
Well - that clears things up quite a bit!   ::)
They're all wasted!