Scafell Pike No. 2

Started by mr-miley, November 19, 2007, 10:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

After much faffing around and rendering the terrain only without clouds and overlaying "no clouds" on the "clouds" version I finally have an image that I am happy with (though what it will look like on your monitors is anyones guess). All this messing around, because TGTP seems to make cloud shadows Very Dark. If the real world went that dark under clouds I'd have been driving to work thismorning with my headlights on full beam  ;D

Anyway, hope you all like etc. C&C always welcome

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

dhavalmistry

nicely done....the foreground is too rough for my liking....but thats just me...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

This is pretty well done and I agree with Seth (it's my observation as well).
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Insquall

Try turning the anti aliasing up to something like 16

mr-miley

Ta all. I can see what you both mean about the roughness of the foreground. I quite like it, but as dhavalmistry said, thats just me  ;D

Insquall.... "try turning the anti aliasing up to something like 16". After a total of 210 hours rendering to get this, I sure as hell have no intention of re-rendering, and most definately not in a way that would make it take any longer  ;D I'm a gibbering wreck as it is  :P

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

bigben

The colours look pretty good. I don't mind the degree of roughness... just the uniformity of the roughness. It needs some smooth areas in in as well

Insquall

210 hours!!! :o

There must be something wrong here  :-\

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: mr-miley on November 19, 2007, 04:58:47 PM
After a total of 210 hours rendering to get this...  I'm a gibbering wreck as it is  :P

Miles

How do you think your computer feels?   :D