Cliff Study

Started by mhaze, October 24, 2018, 02:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

File for Cliff Study - I've removed the veg.

WAS

Ohh, love those hangs. That was the idea I was going for with fake rocks but usually ended up giving up on larger hangs as pushing rocks out meant somewhere there would be a terrain fold that looked ugly.

Though it seems you only attached a preview.

Hannes

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 24, 2018, 03:19:58 PM
Though it seems you only attached a preview.

Indeed. Can't wait for the file. Many, many thanks in advance!!!!!

Dune

Would sure be interesting to see.

mhaze

Ooops! sorry about that! File now added.

Dune

Thanks. Interesting setup. The only problem I have with tilt and shear is that the effects are only local (on the good side of the mountain), but you can overcome that by adding extra (normal or lateral) displacement (by offset, or with min slope) of the whole terrain after the compute terrain, bulging the mountains.

WAS

It'd be cool if PFs were capable of more cliffy stuff. Almost nye impossible without some manipulating. Twist and Shear seems to be the easiest method to obtain a cliff face.

This is one of the reasons I want to figure out stepping without Strata, if you want to help on that attempt. xD

mhaze

A series of offset displacements with each one set to different heights might work, .

WAS

That's what I usually do, is just offset the terrain for a cliff, but was hoping to come up with a blue system to slap into anything for more of a dynamic approach.

Also, glad to see you had some success mixing in strata at different angles, I was doing that awhile back but was never coming across anything I like.

mhaze

Try this - see if you can make it work better!

mhaze

Further Development....

WAS

Oh thanks a lot mhaze!! Going to dig into these right away.

Jo Kariboo

Thank you very much mhaze!  :)

bobbystahr

Brilliant and thanks as well from me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Thanks for sharing, Mick.