Basic Road setup by SSS (Dune)

Started by Dune, October 28, 2018, 05:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

So, here's another basic setup for a road, as the earlier one is lost in space so it seems. Have fun.

One thing; the central line is easier to make by another narrow SSS, but it's just proof of principle here.

WAS

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

claudius

Quote from: Dune on October 28, 2018, 05:39:09 AMSo, here's another basic setup for a road, as the earlier one is lost in space so it seems. Have fun.

One thing; the central line is easier to make by another narrow SSS, but it's just proof of principle here.
Hi Dune, excuse me if I bother you once again, your stuff is really useful and I am learning a lot (hopefully). I understood that you made the road by a SSS 1000 long and 10 wide... Sorry for the stupid question, but how the heck do you bend it???
I just need to make my road pattern to apply your excellent files.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: claudius on August 21, 2020, 01:11:15 PM
Quote from: Dune on October 28, 2018, 05:39:09 AMSo, here's another basic setup for a road, as the earlier one is lost in space so it seems. Have fun.

Hi Dune, excuse me if I bother you once again, your stuff is really useful and I am learning a lot (hopefully). I understood that you made the road by a SSS 1000 long and 10 wide... Sorry for the stupid question, but how the heck do you bend it???
The bend is in the vector displacement and power fractal plugged into the warp input shader (warp the whole.....) check the little blue preview boxes on those shaders to see how it bends accordingly if you change the x values or the power fractal.

The first simple road setup is here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18887.0.html

claudius

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 21, 2020, 03:18:56 PM
Quote from: claudius on August 21, 2020, 01:11:15 PM

The bend is in the vector displacement and power fractal plugged into the warp input shader (warp the whole.....) check the little blue preview boxes on those shaders to see how it bends accordingly if you change the x values or the power fractal.

The first simple road setup is here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18887.0.html
I did everything you wrote, but actually I had the road shifting, no bend at all.

Dune

Then you probably missed one variable that's essential. If you post your tgd I can have a look.

claudius

Quote from: Dune on August 22, 2020, 01:28:20 AMThen you probably missed one variable that's essential. If you post your tgd I can have a look.
Dune,  I was just working on your .tgd road setup v2 Dune. The only thing was this message I get when I open it

error" />

Dune

I can't open that image, as you probably linked it wrongly inside the post. There might be warnings for older or newer stuff that's gone into TG since then. No worries about warnings.

claudius

Quote from: Dune on August 22, 2020, 10:43:11 AMI can't open that image, as you probably linked it wrongly inside the post. There might be warnings for older or newer stuff that's gone into TG since then. No worries about warnings.
Never mind... thank you anyway. I am making my roads with image maps...