Terracing Effect Function

Started by WAS, November 01, 2018, 06:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Here is a packaged and organized Terracing Effect function from recent discussions over here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,25850.0.html

Scales are pretty high in this example to show the effects of different settings.

Big thanks to everyone that helped tackle this issue.

Dune

Links are broken when I open it, but that may be my old TG.

WAS

But... You know what. I'm not even going to question it and just fix it... (I literally saved the document [finalizing], than rendered)

Oh well, allows me to fix some things in the clip descriptions.

Please let me know if they're still broken. I reloaded the scene and it seems OK now.

Dune

WAS

Gotta point out, that buildup effect does a great job simulating sedimentation by flow, which you can than apply strata and outcrops too, limited by minimum slop to hug the more shear cliffs.

cyphyr

Nicely done, just plug in as a child of a surface layer and it works a treat.
Thankyou
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

RichTwo

I'll have to give this a whirl to see what I can get out of it.  Looks to be quite adaptable.  Thanks for sharing!
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Thanks again for yet another direction. You seem to the busiest experimenter here of late Jordan...thanks for your contributions to my knowledge.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on November 11, 2018, 09:34:35 AM
Thanks again for yet another direction. You seem to the busiest experimenter here of late Jordan...thanks for your contributions to my knowledge.

Thanks Bobby, I don't think I could have done with without help from Hetzen, Dune, mhaze, and Matt. All really helped with ideas and direction, not to mention mhaze taking off with the optimization of it all.

pclavett