Real Strata Outcropping

Started by WAS, May 21, 2018, 01:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Here I have used the convert to vector to feed displacement into a vector displacement to achieve outcropping, by bumping X and Z displacement multipliers (effected by X and Z division if applied). I've always been confused why the "Strata and Outcrops" shader was named as such when all it does is strata terracing.

Additionally you could change the multiple vector to "50" instead of "100" for more squashes strata.

Honestly the squashing effect and outcropping are very useful "settings" that could be bundled with a v3 of the strata and outcrops some day.

Update: I guess this technique doesn't work on anything than a SSS at 0,0,0 as apparently the Vector Displacement has it's own center besides the planet it seems. Equal offsets on X and Z with an actual terrain just causes leaning.

Kadri

A small addition if you don't mind.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on May 21, 2018, 06:59:03 PM

A small addition if you don't mind.

Oh cool! Looks inverted! Going to take a look, I asked about that once here I think.

Edit: For curiosities sake I tried to erode your shape... Daniil's plugin immediately seized up and TG crashed to desktop. I chuckled. (Works with a Computer Terrain after the VD)

Kadri

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 21, 2018, 07:20:54 PM
Edit: For curiosities sake I tried to erode your shape... Daniil's plugin immediately seized up and TG crashed to desktop. I chuckled. (Works with a Computer Terrain after the VD)

;D

Lluciano

I want to know if these details are more detailed?

WAS

Quote from: Lluciano on May 23, 2018, 03:19:13 AM

What do you mean?

Dune

I think this guy is a spammer.

AP

The details are in the general details from the overall details, some smaller obscure details having larger details that are a part of the remaining details within the primary details, secondary details, some other minor details and those are in effect the entirety of the details.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: AP on May 24, 2018, 04:22:54 AM

The details are in the general details from the overall details, some smaller obscure details having larger details that are a part of the remaining details within the primary details, secondary details, some other minor details and those are in effect the entirety of the details.

AP's DNA analysis ......aka family tree   ;D

Hannes

A very detailed explanation!  ;D ;D ;D

Dune

Yeah, but more details from those detailed descriptions would be good!  ;D ;D ;D

AP

And no further details need to be explained.

pclavett

Thanks very much for sharing ! Appreciated !
Paul