Volcano

Started by RichTwo, November 03, 2018, 02:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

A volcano cone created with the Crater shader.  For demonstration purposes, rather than artistic quality.  Just one of the things I contemplated one night while lying awake in bed.  I thought it could be done, but not sure how it'd come out. I wanted some erosional features on the slopes, but couldn't get the non-registered Classic plug-in to do what I wanted.  It's a start, anyway.
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Agree and it triggered me but I went a totally different direction...more to follow when it's rendered.
O K, here's 5 options; I favour the middle one.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on November 06, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
Agree and it triggered me but I went a totally different direction...more to follow when it's rendered.
Interesting. I like the second and last one myself. Very interesting work here.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on November 06, 2018, 03:24:38 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on November 06, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
Interesting. I like the second and last one myself. Very interesting work here.

the 2nd was 2nd last and the last one was the start point. heh heh

and here's my choice in it's own thread

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,25912.new.html#new
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Daniil

Hello Rich2, sorry for breaking into conversation. Here you can download a working recipe of volcano which uses Classic Erosion (free unregistered version). I hope this can help.

Daniil

RichTwo

Quote from: blinkfrog on November 12, 2018, 06:17:27 AM
Hello Rich2, sorry for breaking into conversation. Here you can download a working recipe of volcano which uses Classic Erosion (free unregistered version). I hope this can help.

Daniil

Thanks, friend. You are not at all breaking in.  I certainly will have a look-see at what you have.  I saw your volcano image on the Classic Erosion thread (TG Discussion) before I read this and I was like "Hmmm..."  Just as side note - I had a heckuva time getting my computer's antivirus to accept the original installation.  Oh, there's nothing at all malevolent about it, just that Mr. Norton was being overprotective and paranoid. But it may be something you could look into.  Thanks again!
They're all wasted!