Rio Ulco

Started by zaxxon, November 06, 2018, 08:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Echo...very high standard of quality, detail, and realism.

- Oshyan

great!

Oshyan

Happy to path trace it for you if you want to satisfy your curiosity. :D I imagine like all your scenes it's a beast in terms of file size though, so I'd understand if you don't want to deal with the packaging and upload. ;D I'm on bi-directional gigabit here at last, so I eat gigabytes for breakfast. :P

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Pack it up man, that's a great offer.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

Thanks for the offer Oshyan, but I'll be renewing my maintenance this year and besides I'm probably going to further modify the scene up the road. I think it warrants some more effort.

Oshyan

Sounds good! In the meantime, I forgot to add my post processing attempts. The first one (adjust1) is just reducing the yellow a decent amount, so it looks less oddly tinted (to my eye), but maintaining some of the low contrast and sort of late afternoon look of the original. The second (adjust3) is probably closer to my personal preference, with higher contrast and even further reduced yellow (and a bit of red reduction too). It's arguably a little too contrasty and perhaps a touch oversaturated in some parts, but I prefer the overall aesthetic. Again, individual preference. :)

Like I said this is just a quick adjustment, and you'd have better results with the raw file (EXR), in particular for the slightly blown-out cloud area in adjust3 (though for photographic exposure this might actually be realistic).

- Oshyan

zaxxon

Both of those were similar to a couple of my attempts, and yes I agree that the foreground needs brightening without blowing out the clouds. So this scene goes back on the "needs more work" list (getting longer all the time). Maybe even some new trees.

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on November 07, 2018, 05:12:00 PM
Sounds good! In the meantime, I forgot to add my post processing attempts. The first one (adjust1) is just reducing the yellow a decent amount, so it looks less oddly tinted (to my eye), but maintaining some of the low contrast and sort of late afternoon look of the original. The second (adjust3) is probably closer to my personal preference, with higher contrast and even further reduced yellow (and a bit of red reduction too). It's arguably a little too contrasty and perhaps a touch oversaturated in some parts, but I prefer the overall aesthetic. Again, individual preference. :)

Like I said this is just a quick adjustment, and you'd have better results with the raw file (EXR), in particular for the slightly blown-out cloud area in adjust3 (though for photographic exposure this might actually be realistic).

- Oshyan

The reduced yellow gives a to-the-eye realism imo, it looks good.

Still really love those clouds in the background. Keep coming back to look at them.

---

Zaxxon, I can't wait to see a path traced version when you update. I imagine it will benefit the scene.

Dune

I miss the little bird you were planning on the log...

sjefen

Absolutely amazing render!
Very inspiring.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

DannyG

Nice realism in this, shoreline is as real as it gets
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

archonforest

Wow what a beauty! Well done 8)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

zaxxon

Thanks again for the kind comments. Though at this point there's still some work to be done. Sorry Ulco, but the little bird probably got bored and flew away  ;). I had planned on having a small bird on the floating log and it's modeled, but I couldn't find/create a decent set of texture maps. Maybe in the final iteration though. I've attached a render without the clouds that's been tweaked to be a bit lighter (less "oppressive" if you will  :)). I'm also up to swap out the mid foreground trees as they are some of my older ones. Also, I've started to mess around with The Plant Factory again and may make that a test project. Given my current task lineup that may take a while. Let me know what you think about the light in the last one, all suggestions are welcome.

bobbystahr

were this mine I'd likely call it done. it's already a masterpiece in my books...I like the light fine btw.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Brightness and color look great in that latest version, and I actually like it without the clouds. It does change the feel of the image, but to my eye for the better.

- Oshyan

zaxxon

For some reason the posting of this image on the TG Forum seems to boost the saturation vs my monitor's display. Here's a more de-saturated image.

Oshyan, I'm really fond of them, but you'll be able to have it both ways in a later version.