The Global Internet Is Being Attacked by Sharks, Google Confirms

Started by WAS, November 09, 2018, 10:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Hahaha, could explain some of the weird overseas connectivity issues between continents in the past.

https://slate.com/technology/2014/08/shark-attacks-threaten-google-s-undersea-internet-cables-video.html?fbclid=IwAR1NopSfWqQnYBQw9mSEaJG4Ibja7Ws7BTqiSfLnsFD4o0DHP4wQrhGqkzc

You'd think the old lines would have been more susceptible, giving off stronger EM. Or does fiber optics have a higher electrical load?

digitalguru

When I first read the subject I thought it was a Russian Hacker group, but it is actual sharks  :)

My works trans-Atlantic connection when down a while ago, and the rumour was the Russians were responsible, maybe the FSB have taken to smearing herring on the cables.

PabloMack

Sharks regularly shed their teeth and loose teeth are undoubtedly uncomfortable for them. Shark teeth are some of the most common marine fossils for this reason. Looking at the bottom of their environment, they obviously have little to work with in the way of objects that can help with their teething exercises.

WAS

Quote from: PabloMack on November 10, 2018, 08:42:38 AM
Sharks regularly shed their teeth and loose teeth are undoubtedly uncomfortable for them. Shark teeth are some of the most common marine fossils for this reason. Looking at the bottom of their environment, they obviously have little to work with in the way of objects that can help with their teething exercises.

That's a good point, though with that EM organ of theirs I wouldn't put it passed an aggression to electrical stimuli. Much like they'll attack rovers for the same purpose, the battery and machinery giving off a weak EM field much like animals do.

This organ allows them to pin-point fine prey even in murky water. Which is also where false-attacks come from along shores where a person gets bit but no actual aggressive attack to the death sort of thing. Mistaken prey.

PabloMack

There seems to be a lot of confusion/disagreement about how magnetic fields affect sharks. Many claim that they are strong repellents (not attractants) while others conclude that they have no effect on behavior. My opinion is that sharks might even send out weak electrical currents and test the current perturbations for the presence of potential prey and obstacles; a sort of active and/or passive radar or sonar-like detection. Of course sharks have been around for a long time and, according to shark paleontologists (some I have talked to personally), they have evolved considerably since even the Mesozoic. So there is no reason to think that all shark types use this sense the same way or for the same purposes. The people doing the two following videos come to different conclusions in their field tests but keep in mind that the sharks they are using as subjects belong to different taxa. The shark shown in the video by Google in the original post belongs to yet another taxon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSkJJkY0MJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDkKOMLSb4

The one thing that all seem to agree on is summarized below:

Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
And it shows them pearly white
Just a jackknife has old MacHeath, babe
And he keeps it, ah, out of sight
Ya know when that shark bites with his teeth, babe
Scarlet billows start to spread
Fancy gloves, oh, wears old MacHeath, babe
So there's never, never a trace of red
Now on the sidewalk, huh, huh, whoo sunny morning, un huh
Lies a body just oozin' life, eek
And someone's sneakin' 'round the corner
Could that someone be Mack the Knife?
There's a tugboat, huh, huh, down by the river don'tcha know
Where a cement bag's just a'drooppin' on down
Oh, that cement is for, just for the weight, dear
Five'll get ya ten old Macky's back in town
Now d'ja hear 'bout Louie Miller? He disappeared, babe
After drawin'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZY9P4O4cQ

WAS

By and by, I am talking about EMF not magnetic fields. Sharks specifically have organs along their snouts that allow them to track living animals EMF. It's not a debate I have seen but a well studied organ and predation method.

Considering the sensitivity of the organs and low EMF, an actual MF may cause harm.

Like could you imagine a cathode TV near a shark? We don't even need receptors to feel that field static electricity or even it's MF pull