Undulatus Sunset

Started by Tangled-Universe, November 14, 2018, 11:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Just played a bit with my undulating cloud setup and figured out other little things too, like how to achieve nice warm glowing (god)rays of light down the hill.
Notoriously hard situation to expose for photographically so I did it wrong on purpose. This is neither exposed for sky or surface. Used Raya Pro 2 for blending 3 different exposures of the EXR into 1.

WAS

Certainly really love those clouds. They just look fun. Don't mind if I try something similar. :O

I do have to say, I don't know if it's just me, but it seems the post production has caused some colour burning with the sunlight and clouds.

Tangled-Universe

Nah it's basically just over-exposed.

And sure, go ahead creating similar clouds, that's exactly what these forums are for!

Oshyan

Very promising! The halo around the sun seems to have a color shift due to exposure blending, I assume (as I've seen similar things in HDR software myself). Can't you just manually balance it in Photoshop or Lightroom from the 32 bit EXR without blending exposures? As far as I know exposure blending is really just a hack for camera sensors not having the ability to gather 20+ stops of dynamic range (like TG can in renders).

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

Exposure blending is just a way to retrieve details in highlights and shadows and merge them together by luminosity masks in order to make it all fit in 8-bit image formats. Not necessarily because of limitations of camera HDR's. The reason I had to isolate different exposures from the EXR is simply because plug-ins often aren't able to process 32-bit. Even Photoshop itself has very limited 32-bit capabilities.

Anyway, I didn't put too much effort in it. It's more of a study, 90% result in 10% time.

Oshyan

Cool, well it's very nice already. Path traced I assume? (it looks it in the shadows)

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

DannyG

Very nice, nice to see you rendering again
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

mhaze

DocCharly65

Nice scene and very cool clouds!

bobbystahr

Very impressive I gotta say...well done man. I may try this as well except for the fact I don't have the fine colour sense to tweak in photoshop with this GD colourblindness. I'll cheer from the sidelines.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist