DAZ PLANTS

Started by Agura Nata, November 18, 2018, 05:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agura Nata

Very strange, since TG 4.3 I can no longer use my DAZ plants?
"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

Maybe you could get a little more into detail. What's different now, and which file format do they have?

Agura Nata

With TG 4.2 everything worked normally, I had my DAZ saved as OBJ, now comes "Illegal Formatting"
"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

What if you run your models through PoseRay, before you import them into TG? It's quite helpful a lot of times.

Agura Nata

Thanks for your tip Hannes!

I have a couple of years ago everything that I like from DAZ exported to a folder and since then I've taken the plants for TG and Blender.
And now I can not do any more, strangely I can export the plants to TG 4.3 and render them immaculately but after saving and reloading the plants are gone and almost all nodes of Atmosphere, Terrain and others were separated by TG and then "Illegal formatting ", very, very strange.
I am surprised that I can import everything as before and even render, a riddle or coincidence.

Then I just take no more plants, anyway only dust catcher, smile ;) ;)
"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

Strange!! Maybe this is something Matt or Oshyan might have an explanation for?

Agura Nata

Quote from: Hannes on November 18, 2018, 07:07:45 AM
Strange!! Maybe this is something Matt or Oshyan might have an explanation for?

Maybe they read the thread?

For safety's sake I will continue to work on my surreal plants ;)

Anyway, wish you a nice Sunday and thanks for your quick comments Hannes!
"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

I'm sure, they do.
A nice sunday to you as well, and everyone who reads this!!

Matt

This might be something in the name of your nodes or the filenames. There can be problems with characters that are not in the English alphabet. It may the name of one of the folders that your files are in.

Your project is recoverable, as long as you don't try to save over the file with missing nodes. If you put a lot of work into the file and need to recover it, we can help you do that.

Sometimes it tells you a line number where it encountered the problem. If so, you might be able to see which node it didn't understand by opening the TGD file in a text editor.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Agura Nata

Thanks a lot Matt!

screenshot rendered, tree rendered and then when saving came warning
"Live and Learn!"

Agura Nata

Great thanks!

I checked all the names in the path and it was an "A" included, I believe that was it.

I'll test everything, thank you for your tip Matt, did not think that you still have to pay attention to the letters today.
"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

Glad, that you could solve it with Matt's help.
Cool tree, by the way!!!

Agura Nata

Quote from: Hannes on November 18, 2018, 08:37:25 AM
Glad, that you could solve it with Matt's help.
Cool tree, by the way!!!

I'm glad if you like Hannes!

Great that I can use this again for my horn project.
The free terragen plants are under "trees" ... clear there worked the test.
I always try to avoid "ä, ü", but in German it is just available and after cleaning my harddrive a short time ago, I had called a folder "Bäume", a big mistake, as it turns out, there I am very happy to be in this forum where friendly and quick help.
"Live and Learn!"