Sorry I'm Late-a tryptych

Started by bobbystahr, November 21, 2018, 11:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Was doodling while a pal was by for a smoke and well he witnessed all 3 renders in this image (20 min. per render) and suggested this format and offered to pay me for a larger print. And C&C will be heeded as always if I can...Do you think 150 dpi is cool for an image
3450 x 5817 ?, that's 23 x 38 inches.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

That's cool indeed. There's a broodiness about it too. Placement of figures is just right, not too obtrusive. Nice light. I assume you will add a thin black (or so) line between and around the images?
150 dpi should work, if you consider screen to be 75-100 dpi.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 22, 2018, 01:50:04 AM
That's cool indeed. There's a broodiness about it too. Placement of figures is just right, not too obtrusive. Nice light. I assume you will add a thin black (or so) line between and around the images?
150 dpi should work, if you consider screen to be 75-100 dpi.
Thanks Ulco, it's gonna be marathon rendering on the DELL but maybe he'll pay me enuff to get the corsair up and running again. Yes to the thin black line.

EDIT
he just called and will go with a 12" width instead of the 23 so that'll help.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Great renders! I like the light and mood.

Hannes

Nice indeed! The lighting is great, and it works as a tryptych. Unusual, but cool.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on November 22, 2018, 07:48:07 AM
Nice indeed! The lighting is great, and it works as a tryptych. Unusual, but cool.

Thanks Hannes, I tried it side by each and it had no power but felt this way it rocked...nice to have artistic confirmation.

Thanks Doc
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Really different and atmospheric.

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on November 22, 2018, 11:21:38 AM
Really different and atmospheric.

Thanks man...based on the comments I'm encouraged to put the time into a higher res render so my out put for the next few days is likely to be zero heh heh heh...I'll just practice scales and riffs for 2 or 3 daze.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well...doing hi AA tests I find that all the shadows go very dark...looking like it's time to boost the GI on objects...the sunlight rays look very nice hi res though..hope this solves it. also tweaked the road rock into a more pea gravel size range and changed the base texture.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

I like the lighting here too, though interesting that the shadows went dark at higher resolution/AA? That shouldn't happen as far as I can think of.

Glad you got a paying TG gig, congrats! Hope you can fix your upgraded machine soon. :)

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

here's 2 of the three done large and even at lower AA it's the same dark....I think this dell is sick and it's somehow messing with TG
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Very nice! I like these a lot. I think you could get by increasing voxel scattering quality to 150 or 200 for smooth haze without increasing render time too much so long as they're v2.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on November 22, 2018, 08:17:05 PM
Very nice! I like these a lot. I think you could get by increasing voxel scattering quality to 150 or 200 for smooth haze without increasing render time too much so long as they're v2.

good tip, just trying to get my original settings back. TG seems to be not saving them when I save a .tgd as every one of the sequence I've opened was wrongly set and all in different ways...very weird as they were all very similar atmo and lighting wise on the first run thru this.
Also thos las 2 were AA 2 mpD.26

was doing a test of the scene w 2 characters and one is in a group with all the others zeroed out as I can't split them on the DELL and Phillip who is sitting dejectedly on the bench has disappeared and the waiter's tray and 1 glass have appeared... time to shut it down and reinstall I think
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Fantastic new views!
Is the boy on the bike jumping with the bike in "Render Camera2 00 29 39 AA2 mpD.26.jpg"?
If not, you perhaps want to check if he's floating - only to be sure.

Hope your TG isn't making jokes with you because of the saving settings problems!  ???

Dune

Yeah, looks like SHE is floating  ;)