Safari - The Animation

Started by DocCharly65, November 22, 2018, 08:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Very nice video. Can't wait to see the final cut.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

The final cut will have to wait some more time. Meanwhile I decided to use Hannes' suggestion with the highlights of the traffic lights set offline. The reason is that I have renders, where the flickering highlights are too small and too difficult to be repaired in postwork.

Many renderjobs running :)

But a little a little preview of about 1/3 - 1/2 of the new little story ;)
The music is a short part of an own song from my youth ... I dreamed about 10 yeras ago to make a music video from it so this dream will be fullfilled partly now :)

Very low quality but direct download:
[attachmini=1]

Higher quality but appr. 60MB in my cloud:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvEpmvBUHi6qgqx4wvvtBOzs6anufQ

Dune

Hannes

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

bobbystahr

sitting here with it on loop/mind blown...excellent everything!!!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Thank you all :)

I'll do my best to finish the scene this year - but maybe it will be finished a bit later. The intro with the morning scene is a real CPU Killer with its atmosphere and cloud Settings (receive shadows is necessary in both) On the new 6-core I7 i could Limit the per frame render time to 2.5 h.
If I am satisfied with the Landing sequence of the stork I won't have to change anything else and I can finish it. The decision will be made the coming weekend. but so far I like the overall view:

[attach=1]

A little addition will be a close up to R2's feet with some ants running. Only a very short and cropped low quality test:

[attach=2]

Hannes

Great!!!! The ants are quite cool.

DocCharly65

Happy Easter to everybody :)

... and my little Easter present - you can even call it "Easter egg" ;)

The animation of the safari itself is mostly as I wanted - the music score almost fits as I wanted... only the voice of the centaur girl is missing...

Enjoy and have a few peaceful and beautiful Easter days :)

äähämm... a question to Matt and/or Oshyan: Is it normal that the YouTube preview window is soooo big?

------------------------------------------------
Just a part from the German description on the channel in English:

This little episode plays in the second half of the movie. Unfortunately, I have not yet finished the text for the Centaur and I'm not even sure who should speak it. I would like to find a bubbly voice that speaks much too quickly with a Spanish accent. The planned character does not even need to speak perfect English (or German) the more accent the better :) .

Dune

:o ;D :) :D :D :D This is absolutely fantastic! Hilarious and soooo well done. As a matter of fact, I don't even miss the voice of the centaur girl.

DocCharly65