Cliff n. 1,245,859

Started by Jo Kariboo, November 25, 2018, 11:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Very beautiful renders! I like the fresh colors.

Jo Kariboo

all the images of his series (terrains) were made from the work of Mick Hazelgrove (alias mhaze). TGD file Columnar Rocks modified by Jordan Thompson alias WASasquatch and re-cast by me alias Jo Kariboo ...

Vegetation:xfrog picture 16 and 17
                 xfrog exclusively from the Oceania 2 library, picture 18 to 23
                 addition of Ulco herbs on picture 19

Jo Kariboo

next

Jo Kariboo

next

Kadri

Nice work. I especially like the black and white versions.

bobbystahr

Ditto to Kadri, especially 22
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yes, the B&W ones have some sort of eerie realism, like the last shots of an explorer before he succumbed. B&W always evokes that sense of realism, often more than color. From color renders I like 18 most. Good job!

DocCharly65

Yes I agree the others, the B&W versions have their individual Charme! Great!

mhaze

The B&W ones are great.  You always manage to get a great sense of place in your work and the veg in the desert ones is spot on.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 12, 2019, 02:46:03 AM
Yes, the B&W ones have some sort of eerie realism, like the last shots of an explorer before he succumbed. B&W always evokes that sense of realism, often more than color. From color renders I like 18 most. Good job!

I agree on the colour one...it was the kangaroo that sold it for me Ulco...I suspect 'twas the same for you heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

I already saw these on FB. Fantastic images! I agree that the BW ones have a certain romantic feeling.

Oshyan

The monochrome ones are indeed fantastic. With some of the other recent color images, it's really nice to see new/different vegetation, depicting other countries (so often I think we see a Northern/American/European bias, though understandable given the audience here). The only small criticism I'd make is the trunks seem overly smooth on some of that vegetation.

- Oshyan

Jo Kariboo

Thank you all for your comments and remarks, I appreciate it very much!

Thank you Oshyan, Concerning trees with smooth trunks I guess it concerns image 18 with Ghost Gum trees, it is difficult to have an idea of the reality of this tree here in North America since this species does not grow there, I know that this may seem strange but in many of the photographs that can be seen on the net, this tree often appears with a very smooth bark and sometimes a very bright white.

Oshyan

Yes, primarily image 18, although also the flower stalks (?) in 19-21. Regarding the tree trunk in 18, I would say that it may be realistic for it to be so smooth, but what we see in that image are then two problems. 1: the join of the branch to the trunk (which I think could be somewhat hidden with rougher bark on the trunk), and 2: the overall low resolution of the base texture for the trunk, as there is some detail there but it is blurry. A smooth trunk in real life may have little detail, but what it does have is of "fine" detail so to speak. I think you could probably improve this just by adding a very subtle Power Fractal noise detail to the trunk texture.

- Oshyan