Midnight Christmas Pause

Started by masonspappy, November 25, 2018, 10:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

So I think this will be my last iteration. I fixed up the horse a bit more, and it took me about 5 attempts to get the sleigh driver suitable for using here (he was birthed in DAZ but customized in Blender 2.79).
Thanks all for the feedback and suggestions
Merry Christmas!!

Dune

Great result. Merry Christmas to you too and all best for 2019!

One thing; DAZ horse; the millenium horse? That comes out pretty good, but it may have been the posing. The front shoulders seem bent forward a bit too much, increasing the distance between front and back legs.

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on December 15, 2018, 01:40:56 AM
One thing; DAZ horse; the millenium horse? That comes out pretty good, but it may have been the posing. The front shoulders seem bent forward a bit too much, increasing the distance between front and back legs.
No, not millennium horse. It was actually a low-res freebie that I tried to re-sculpt in Blender but never came out looking quite right (hence my previous comment about "sad-looking jackass").  And, my finished result simply didn't work well with the texture map in my files.  Then I got this crazy notion to delete the left half of the horse and focus sculpting and texture mapping the right half. When it looked halfway decent I duplicated the right side, applied the mirror function (In Blender) to it and then joined the two halves together.  It seems to work but it also helps that the picture is dark which helps hide model defects.

DocCharly65

An nice result!
And of course merry Christmas to you and all best for the coming year!

mhaze

I like :) Here's hoping you have an excellent Christmas and a happy new year

bobbystahr

Over all a lovely image with a great sentiment...thanks for sharing it and Merry Christmas to you as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

Nice picture. I wish you a happy holiday!  :)