Erosion plugin and PBR textures

Started by bobbystahr, November 27, 2018, 11:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well this started playing with the Erosion plugin and when I got a result I sorta liked I decided to use only PBR textures for colour and smaller displacement. Pleased with that I added SSshaderFractalWarp road and this is the only procedural TG texturing...added some Fakestones to the road and then masonpappy gave away his log cabin so I dropped it in...scenically there's no possible reason for the lack of threes except the the ones that were there were used to build the cabin heh heh heh. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Ooohh I love the mood of this with the cabin In the field. Though with no distant trees it makes it appear either the cabin is huge or the mountains sma as you have no sense of scale to the background.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on November 27, 2018, 03:10:53 PM
Ooohh I love the mood of this with the cabin In the field. Though with no distant trees it makes it appear either the cabin is huge or the mountains sma as you have no sense of scale to the background.

but but but I did say they cut all the trees to build their cabin heh heh heh...the mountains are about 2 K away real world scale is in effect so with 2 grasses and that coverage at RWS my RAM on this old DELL runs out...sorry
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice start!
Perhaps with some objects as help for showing the dimensions it could look better? something like dry dead trees - one next to the cabin as comparison and then all 100-200 m. and a few spots shrubbery? :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on November 28, 2018, 01:34:02 AM
Nice start!
Perhaps with some objects as help for showing the dimensions it could look better? something like dry dead trees - one next to the cabin as comparison and then all 100-200 m. and a few spots shrubbery? :)

Good idea for when I get back home. The electric utility is shutting off power in my 'hood for 5 hrs from 9:30 A M till 2:30 P M frt maintainence so I'm off to the library presently.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Ariel DK

Great one, bobby.
reminds me Iceland. this is kinda: when you found the correct render that you should have presented in the Iceland Contest  ;D
it has happend me many times...
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ariel DK on November 28, 2018, 11:11:53 AM
Great one, bobby.
reminds me Iceland. this is kinda: when you found the correct render that you should have presented in the Iceland Contest  ;D
it has happend me many times...

heh heh, I hadn't noticed as I'm very unfamiliar with Iceland. Couldn't have done this even then as we didn't yet have Daniil's plugin for the erosion part of my pipeline.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on November 28, 2018, 08:52:16 AM
Very nice clouds, I like the moods.

Thanks Pierre, just a lightly tweaked Ver. 2 cloud. If you like I could post a .tgc
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New