Chemin forestier

Started by Antoine, November 28, 2018, 08:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

Hello,

I wanted to try something different. This is done using path tracing renderer. There are still some noise in some areas but I have to limit render time.
Settings : Micropoly detail : 0.7
Antialiasing : 0.8
This time I used exaggerate surface detail.

David.

Dune

Wonderful render! The light is superb and veggies come out very well.

DocCharly65

another one of these WOW!!!-renders - Great! :)

pokoy

Beautiful! And a perfect showcase for path tracing, this quality wouldn't be possible without it.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

zaxxon

Truly beautiful! Is the AA really point eight?

Matt

Beautiful render. I have shared this on Twitter (@cloudsinmytea)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Antoine

Thank you all !

QuoteIs the AA really point eight?

No of course, this was a mistake on my part, it was at 8.

David

WAS

Very nice! Very realistic. You may be able to save on Render time be lowering AA to 0.6 and upping voxel scattering quality.

cyphyr

Exceptional.
I notice you are using a lot of PBR textures. For close up non tiling work I really think this is the way forward.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

sjefen

Wonderful render. Love the vegetation and lighting!

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

Wow, beautiful indeed! Were you using the new Robust adaptive sampling option? If not, you should try it, will probably increase quality/lower render time, especially for path tracing.

WAS, Voxel Scatter Quality is only going to have an effect if these are v3 clouds, which as has been discussed here before is not really necessary for thin mist like this. So if it is v3, rather than reduce AA and up voxel scatter, I'd just switch to v2 clouds, and probably save even more render time with higher lower noise results. Although changing to v2 clouds might take more adjustment time to match this result if it's already v3...

- Oshyan

Antoine

Hi Oshyan !

Thank you !
Yes I did use adaptive robust sampling, with a setting at 1/256 first samples. And you're right, I used V3 clouds, out of habit. Next time for a scene like this I will consider V2 as a better choice.

David