Hell Creek PaleoArt

Started by Ariel DK, November 28, 2018, 11:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

Hell Creek
69 millions years ago, near the Proto-Atlantic sea. a Sub-adult Tyrannosaurus make a failed try to hunt a group of Edmontosaurus & Struthiomimus: the first are too big, the others are too fast. most part of her life he gonna be a scavenger animal, just in her adult stage he gonna be capable to hunt bigger preys.
- All Dinos modeled & rigged in C4D
- Cypress & Conifers made in ST
- Bushes and cover vegetation from xfrog
- Grass by Ulco AKA Dune
- Giant cloud based on FrankB method
- Trunks are from Megascans
- No post work

Hope you enjoy!
Some useful links:
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Best-estimate-reconstruction-of-Edmontosaurus-annectens-BHI-126950-in-A-right-lateral_fig8_24023506
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Dune

I certainly enjoy! Wow,  what a piece!

DocCharly65

sjefen

Great render. Lots of stuff going on here :)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

As I said on Facebook, really impressive cloud shapes! But the cloud shading seems less good than I think it perhaps could be (e.g. no detail in the shadows of upper-left cloud)). Is it v2 or v3? The rest of the scene looks great too, though I agree with the "tree behind the T-Rex" issue discussed on Facebook.

- Oshyan

Ariel DK

Thanks guys!
Oshyan, am using both, but there is some strange artifacts in areas where both versions of clouds are blending  ???
in the case of the upper-left cloud, they are to much brightness when sun illuminate them directly from the front, but the detail is there.
am gonna try to reworking and render separately...

Jo Kariboo

I am not a fan of pictures with dinosaurs and I might have liked the picture more without them. But you did a fantastic job!!!

DannyG

Nice work for sure, I am extremely impressed modeling/rigging on the dinosaurs.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Antoine

Impressive works  and very nice clouds !

David

Ariel DK

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on November 28, 2018, 08:26:28 PM
I am not a fan of pictures with dinosaurs and I might have liked the picture more without them. But you did a fantastic job!!!

in that case, BIG thanks! unfortunately, am planing to do more like this :P

Quote from: Danny on November 28, 2018, 11:35:57 PM
Nice work for sure, I am extremely impressed modeling/rigging on the dinosaurs.

Me too :D To be honest, i can say that iam not doing anything that wasn't possible in c4d 10 years ago.
the workflow is simple & is entirely done inside the program, (exept the textures, maded in 3DCoat).
muscular iterations are unnecessary now, because i don't need them, even if i do a probably animation in the future

A curious fact: in the character tag, i used the bird´s default template character for Struthiomimus...

sboerner

What a scene! And those clouds are truly heroic. Outstanding work.

One (tiny) suggestion: Perhaps randomize the orientation and curl of the leaves of the upper right branch slightly in ST.

germanobanano

Really like the dramatic cloud shapes on this one!

Ariel DK

Just little update. less brighter clouds, and no cypress now (we miss you buddy :'( )
As Oshyan advised me in FB, i gonna make a new final crop only with v3 clouds so, am still open to suggestions, even a imperial Destroyer in the sky... ::)

Quote from: sboerner on November 29, 2018, 12:10:41 PM
What a scene! And those clouds are truly heroic. Outstanding work.

One (tiny) suggestion: Perhaps randomize the orientation and curl of the leaves of the upper right branch slightly in ST.
Thanks, am reworking the clouds, unfortunately, that bush is from x-frog, and i have some problems importing the mesh to SP :(

Dune

For more reality I'd say a couple more species of grass or herbs in front (species of that era of course), as it looks like one grass only. And personally (but that's me), I don't like the very hard clouds. I'd drop the right and left ones and keep the center, which is great and just a bit softer.

DocCharly65

Ulcos idea with the grass and the clouds is the same I would suggest too.
But overall a great render!