ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Dune

KlausK

So...out of words  :)
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Kevin F

One of the most photo-realistic and best renders I've seen. No faults just superb!

sjefen

Thanks guys, but I'm a little unsure about the saturation.
On my monitor it looked good, but viewing it from my phone, the colors look way too strong. How does this look for you guys?

- Terje

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Hannes

otakar

Ok, you did it. This is my desktop background now - spans two monitors! Thanks for the high res render! It's really a spectacular image, bravo!

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

j meyer

Very convincing, thumbs up.

sjefen

Quote from: Danny on December 02, 2018, 05:19:04 PM
That's one for the PS gallery for sure. Superb work

That would be awesome, but looking through the gallery I don't think this is good enough. There's so much high quality renders there.

Anyway... I'll take it as a compliment for sure  :)

- Terje

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

zaxxon

This is such a fine image! A beautiful, rich palette with exquisite lighting. Don't be too modest, as TU said, " a masterpiece in the making".

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: zaxxon on December 04, 2018, 04:13:39 PM
This is such a fine image! A beautiful, rich palette with exquisite lighting. Don't be too modest, as TU said, " a masterpiece in the making".
Yes, it's really one of the best!

Tangled-Universe

Fantastic work Terje and it's almost finished I'd say...
There's just one thing I notice which possibly may need a little love and that's the light creeping out of the cabin and the lighting of the roof...
It looks like the door is translucent as there are some bright patches (because of translucency somehow or a texturing effect?) and a similar effect is visible on the roof as if it has shadows cast on it.
Since the lighting on the distant mountain is so soft I cannot really tell the direction of the sunlight, so perhaps there are shadows of trees on the cabin roof?

Regarding colours...
I might be wrong, but as far as I know smartphones are anything but reliable to judge colour on.
Basically all phones have uncalibrated screens and more importantly: the screens themselves do not use sRGB, but often have their own colour space.
The browsers do support sRGB of course, otherwise at least 90% of the internet is unusable on it, but the screens can have a completely different colour space or otherwise a colourspace attuned for more vibrant fancy images on the shiny reflective screens.

luvsmuzik

Yes, I ticked the grayscale of the roof jpg back a couple of notches too. But I do love the pine shadow on your roof here. Wonderful image!

sjefen

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on December 05, 2018, 12:23:49 PM
Fantastic work Terje and it's almost finished I'd say...
There's just one thing I notice which possibly may need a little love and that's the light creeping out of the cabin and the lighting of the roof...
It looks like the door is translucent as there are some bright patches (because of translucency somehow or a texturing effect?) and a similar effect is visible on the roof as if it has shadows cast on it.
Since the lighting on the distant mountain is so soft I cannot really tell the direction of the sunlight, so perhaps there are shadows of trees on the cabin roof?

Regarding colours...
I might be wrong, but as far as I know smartphones are anything but reliable to judge colour on.
Basically all phones have uncalibrated screens and more importantly: the screens themselves do not use sRGB, but often have their own colour space.
The browsers do support sRGB of course, otherwise at least 90% of the internet is unusable on it, but the screens can have a completely different colour space or otherwise a colourspace attuned for more vibrant fancy images on the shiny reflective screens.

I thought I might share a preview of what's going on at the cabin.
I've checked, and there are no light leaks or translucency. I think what you're seeing is light from the sun hitting
the cabin through some of the trees in front of it. I hope the preview can explain a little better maybe?

- Terje

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB