Cabin Fever

Started by sjefen, November 28, 2018, 05:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I missed this one too. Very good work, lighting is excuisite. Are the large rocks on the edge of the land procedural or imported assets? I really like those, no matter what.
I do however think you need more than one (or two) versions of the trees you're using. If you look careful, you see there's much the same tree. And for a few dead trees, you could add another pop of the same, but set opacity of needles to zero/black. Too bad world opacity still doesn't work, so that would be the only way.

DocCharly65

For me it looks perfect now :)

If you really want to add dead trees Ulcos way is the same way I always use: Identify the leaves shaders in the TG object, set the opacity to 0 (and I think you must delete any opacity image image if there is one)

archonforest

it is getting better and better!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

sjefen

Quote from: Dune on December 02, 2018, 03:13:01 AM
Are the large rocks on the edge of the land procedural or imported assets? I really like those, no matter what.
I do however think you need more than one (or two) versions of the trees you're using. If you look careful, you see there's much the same tree. And for a few dead trees, you could add another pop of the same, but set opacity of needles to zero/black. Too bad world opacity still doesn't work, so that would be the only way.

Those are imported assets  :)

There are two different firs. I'll see what I can do and I'm also gonna try making those dead trees. Thanks  :)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Hannes

Simply wow!!! One of the most realistic TG renderings I have seen so far! The lighting is fantastic. And so is the rest... ;)

Yanik

Amazing work! It looks very realistic.

Tangled-Universe

Great changes! I really like the new composition, pretty much exactly how I had it in mind.
Some other great advice/suggestions too, very interested to see how far you will take it!

WAS

Quote from: sjefen on December 02, 2018, 09:46:57 AM
There are two different firs. I'll see what I can do and I'm also gonna try making those dead trees. Thanks  :)

- Terje

This is a tricky area when tree models are unique. Like wind-swept growth. It's a lot easier with more uniform "generic" trees.

Too much unique time spent on individual branches/etc will show throw and become focal points in populations as repetition. In fact Ulco was just having to work with this awhile back with his Black Forest pine scene, where lower snag branches with too much uniqueness were easily picked up again in the population.

This is a problem with grasses too and I end up using a lot straighter, or less-dense grasses as often people will put in swirls and such into their patches that will be a focal point in pops.

These sort of edits are good when you have 10+ models for a single population, but not when you have constraints to think about with large distances.

DannyG

That's one for the PS gallery for sure. Superb work
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

sjefen

Thanks for all the feedback guys  :)

I've added some dead trees and also some more grass by the shoreline, the "Corndog grass" from the NWDA store by Walli

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

masonspappy

WoW! that's beautiful!!

DocCharly65

Oh yeah! That's it! Beautiful - great!

Tangled-Universe

Masterpiece in the making...

luvsmuzik

Bravo! Wonderful image. Lighting and atmo perfect!