Minimal Camera Clipping

Started by jackblack, November 28, 2018, 07:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackblack

It seems as though there is a minimal clip for the camera. Let's say I had a pebble on a surface and wanted to zoom out, it seems that the closest I can bring the camera in is about 1 meter before it starts to clip through the object. Is there a way to adjust this? I've not seen it in the camera nodes.

WAS

Quote from: jackblack on November 28, 2018, 07:55:40 PM
It seems as though there is a minimal clip for the camera. Let's say I had a pebble on a surface and wanted to zoom out, it seems that the closest I can bring the camera in is about 1 meter before it starts to clip through the object. Is there a way to adjust this? I've not seen it in the camera nodes.

Move the camera close as you can, than use the zoom feature to zoom in on the object. Similar to an actual camera, the is a limit to how close you can get (literal collision) before relying on lens zooming (or digital zooming).

jackblack

I know I can do a "digital zoom", but I would think this would appear in the camera nodes.
If I wanted the camera to move away from an object, then how would I adjust the zoom? Like say I had a bee pollinating a flower and wanted the camera to start with the be and then it is dollied upward away yo eventually reveal the whole planet, wouldn't I need to animate the zoom as well?

Matt

The 3D Preview has clipping planes which can be adjusted with the square bracket keys '[' and ']'. They may be different on non-US non-UK keyboards.

The full render is not affected by these clipping planes.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hannes

For the germans: on my keyboard it's the "ß".