Free high res textures

Started by archonforest, November 29, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

https://www.cc0textures.com/list.php

From the web site:
"All textures on CC0Textures.com are licensed under the Creative Commons CC0 License. You can use them for any purpose, even Commercially. There is no need to give credit."
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

sboerner

You beat me to it – I was planning to post something about this, too. His collection now includes 360 textures, and the quality is outstanding. I've been downloading them in batches as time allows.

Anyone here use Substance Designer? Is it worth the investment?

j meyer

As for Substance Designer (+painter): look at the different map types these programs produce
and than ask yourself can this be applied inTG? Many of those maps can't be used in TG without
workarounds. Normal maps are not supported, reflectivity/specularity and roughness maps are
problematic, since TG uses a different approach than other renderers and thus it can get tricky.
And so on.

archonforest

Yes these maps are not the best for TG. I am using them in Blender mainly.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

WAS

I thought they provided heightmaps too? I had no problems with photorealistic results. And to assume any object will work in TG out the box is bold to say the least.... I have never encountered a working object 100% without it being already optimized in TGO format via shaders and settings.