A Fantasy

Started by bobbystahr, November 29, 2018, 03:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well this started with me checking out a Rich2 artifact problem and realizing I couldn't help as I'm a lower ver. but the basic clouds were inspiring so I clipped his whole atmo and loaded into a blank scene and tweaked it to where it sits now, created a SSshader/FracWarp mound and then decided to use a bush from Lightning way back who's leaves I'd changed out and turn it into a tree so scale went out the window hence Fantasy in the title. A Dune grass, grass-5 was also popped in addition the the gigantic White Mallee. It's a W I P so C&C welcome.
I may scale down the bushes and take a camera into the grove later today but off to a jam now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

It has a surrealistic feel.

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 30, 2018, 01:33:38 AM
It has a surrealistic feel.

Thanks Ulco...when I doodle that's what usually slides out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

I absolutely love the clouds in this one! Terrain and veggies well done! Great image bobbystahr!

RichTwo

The clouds are recognizable as being from the clip, but I do not take credit for creating it.  It comes from the Preset file available on the Planetside website.  Knowing that you are still using a less than optimal computer, I can't imagine the render time.  It took over 3 hours for atmo alone  on my usually fast machine.  I like the idea of the vegetation only on the outcrop - it is a concept I've been considering, jut not yet gotten into.
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Rich2 on November 30, 2018, 11:58:10 AM
The clouds are recognizable as being from the clip, but I do not take credit for creating it.  It comes from the Preset file available on the Planetside website.  Knowing that you are still using a less than optimal computer, I can't imagine the render time.  It took over 3 hours for atmo alone  on my usually fast machine.  I like the idea of the vegetation only on the outcrop - it is a concept I've been considering, just not yet gotten into.

Well of the 4+ hrs that took 3 were mainly sky...odd I didn't recognize the atmo from the presets as I've test driven all of them...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

Stormy weather . . . The strong backlighting and foreground ambient light make an unearthly combination. Nice.

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on December 01, 2018, 10:20:50 AM
Stormy weather . . . The strong backlighting and foreground ambient light make an unearthly combination. Nice.

Thanks, that's the word I was looking for earlier.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well TG4 started losing my cameras in saved versions so eventually I reset the entire scene, slightly different...here are the 2 views,
to wit the distant Main Camera and the Hilltop Camera 2
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New